Thread: Noobs in Fort Smith

tgiff76 Guest

Noobs in Fort Smith

Noobs in Fort Smith!

Hey guys, watched a program about geocashing on the boob toob and mentioned it to my boyfriend who immediately looked it up on the web and almost ran to the car to get his first cache right down the street. We don't have a GPS but he logs it on a map and goes from there, it took him a couple trips back to the house to read up on it and trying to figure out what "lift a skirt" means. He found it finally and was hooked. Early the next morning we were off and within hours had found 4 out of 6 caches. We had a blast and was telling my 23 year old college student daughter about it when we got home. She quickly insisted on us taking her so off we went to Ben Geren Park for a few hours of fun, only found a couple but again agreat time. A a great form of exercise. We love it and look forward to more, more, more ....already saving for a GPS which will make it easier. A great sport and from what we have read some great people can't wait to meet everyone.

tgiff76 and friends

Welcome! My wife and I just started a few months ago also and we are having so much fun geocaching when we can. We have not had a chance to lately and can't wait to get back at it.

See ya on the trail...

paris1time

Hee, hee! You see how it happens? It sneaks up on you and before you know what has happened, you're hooked!

Welcome to ArkGeo!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Tgiff76 Welcome and if you need any help feel free to call me anytime at 479-461-9295
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Re: Noobs in Fort Smith

Quote Originally Posted by tgiff76
    Noobs in Fort Smith!

Hey guys, watched a program about geocashing on the boob toob and mentioned it to my boyfriend who immediately looked it up on the web and almost ran to the car to get his first cache right down the street. We don't have a GPS but he logs it on a map and goes from there, it took him a couple trips back to the house to read up on it and trying to figure out what "lift a skirt" means. He found it finally and was hooked. Early the next morning we were off and within hours had found 4 out of 6 caches. We had a blast and was telling my 23 year old college student daughter about it when we got home. She quickly insisted on us taking her so off we went to Ben Geren Park for a few hours of fun, only found a couple but again agreat time. A a great form of exercise. We love it and look forward to more, more, more ....already saving for a GPS which will make it easier. A great sport and from what we have read some great people can't wait to meet everyone.

tgiff76 and friends
    Just think what will happen when you get a GPS!!
    Hope you are enjoying some of my hides.Good Luck
    mbell72901

NeedForSpeed3685 Guest
    I started Geocaching without a GPS also. It quickly became discouraging. However, once I got a GPS, I had TONS OF FUN! Now, I've got quite a few under my belt, and have even hidden one!

Have a great time, but don't get discouraged when you can't find any without the GPS. It's amazing how much more fun you'll have once you get one!