Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar Issues

LongDogs Guest

In spite of applying several fixes and updates related to avatars, they appear to still be broken....

Avatars that are uploaded (like mine) and those liked from other sites (like Gaddiel) appear to work ok. Those selected from the gallery seem to disappear or never select properly.

I'm still researching it, so don't give up.

kevintest Guest

test

This is just a test to see if Avatars are fixed.

LongDogs Guest

Ok, it looks like Avatars may finally be fixed.

You will probably have to go to reselect your Avatar if it is showing up blank or as the "missing image" red x.

To do that, click Your Account on the Site Features block on the left, and select the Your Info button to get to your settings. Scroll to the bottom to the Avatar Control Panel, and click Show Gallery to select your avatar from the gallery.

nonnipoppy Guest
    So I have a photo I would like to use but it is to 90.6KB. How do I make it small enough to upload? Thanks.....poppy

southdeltan Guest
    You an also click on PROFILE at the top of the forums and scoll down to the bottom to add your avatar.

I just uploaded one with no problem.

You just have to remember to use an image within the size restrictions.

-----

Poppy - there are dozens of graphics programs you can use to resize an image. I don't know which one(s) you may have on your computer. I'm sure most people with windows have MS-Paint but I haven't messed with that in a while.

If you'll send me the image as an attachment - I'll resize it and send it back to you. jperkins @ vicksburg.com (don't leave the spaces, I did that to avoid email harvesting programs).

southdeltan

nonnipoppy Guest
    The first requirement is to be smarter than the picture. Thanks Southdeltan for the clues I was able to resize it and make it work...poppy

southdeltan Guest
    Glad to help.

southdeltan

LongDogs Guest

New Avatars

I just uploaded a few hundred new Avatars to the galleries (yes there is more than one gallery now) so hopefully there are some better options. There really wasn't much to choose from in the default installation.

Also, I've replaced the Your Info page on the Your Account page. At the bottom it now has an Avatar Control Panel where you can upload your own avatar, link your own avatar, or drop down the gallery list to choose a gallery to pick a stock avatar from.

You could always pick your avatar from the profile pages of the forums, but that page can be hard to find. You now have two places you can do it. They both use the same galleries and select your same avatar for the whole site.

ok i know that it can be fix !! i run a few forums myself right now the avatar is Currently avatar here is Disabled,someone needs to g0 to the Configuration and than set the avatar to Enable gallery avatars ,
    I run a forum right now called http://towalkwithgod.myfreeforum.org/
    I also know that it is alot of work to keep a forum working i love the little smilely there is a total of millions of other little smilely behind the little icons

astrodav Guest
    That conversation happened 6 years ago Dav. I think it's fixed now.