Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFS staching rules??

I've just received a copy of the Ozark policy from Old River Runner and put it in my reference file for reviewing new caches. By the way, I published 3 new caches just last night that were hidden by Saddlebags and have Ozark NF permits.

Chuck Walla
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

LadyEngineer Guest
    ORR,

Well you please email me a copy of the NFS new policy that you sent to Chuck Walla?

I will see about getting it posted to the website forum for people to download.

LE

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEngineer
    ORR,

Well you please email me a copy of the NFS new policy that you sent to Chuck Walla?

I will see about getting it posted to the website forum for people to download.

LE
    Lady Engineer, Check your email. It should be there! -- ORR

P.S. If anyone else wants a copy, all you have to do is ask! Rather than posting your request here, I prefer that you send me an email from my profile on geocaching.com. I will get your request quicker, because I check my email account several times a day and this website maybe only once a day and, even then, I may not check this forum thread. Again, if you want a full copy, email me.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thanks ORR!

I have posted the Ozark National Forest permit application form in the "Downloads" section under "Forms". You can get it in either Microsoft Word format or Adobe PDF format.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

rock_hound Guest
    What's with the members only restriction? Why would the NF care whether a cache is members only? Sounds like the person who wrote the regulation is a geocacher who does not like members only caches. Very Strange!

I certainly can't speak for the creators of the policy, but my guess is that they wanted to make sure that there were no restrictions on who could participate. If I'm a landowner that WANTS people to visit my land, I'd probably be thinking along these lines myself.

In addition, I'm sure some of the guidelines and "rules" of GC.com might be a little overwhelming for a newcomer. They might have just saw the phrase "members only" and thought, "We want EVERYONE to be able to enjoy this!" I can see that happening...

Wayne
    View my profile

mountainborn Guest

OOPZ, sorry, LE, wrong thread !

Ok, I think I gotter' now.
    I didn't realize that strict protocol was in order.
    I moved by cut copy paste to the corrected thread as per your instructions.
    >

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LadyEngineer wrote:
    MB,

This needs to be be posted on the thread titled NFS Staching Rules? started by Q. Please don't cross thread.

LE
    1 of the forum moderators.

>
    OOpz !
    Jest' aa' nothur' exampul' o' a rednek being hiz usually obnoxious, politicly incorrect self.
    >
    Aaaa, how I long for the good old days, when BLACK KNIGHT gave a little spontaneity, life and rebellion to this board, by giving a jibe at the politicly correct.
    http://www.mountainborn.com/
    >
    This is twice now that I have had to be corrected for being so uppity.
    Earlier I made the mistake of thinking that this was a web site owned by arkgeocachers and was asking impertinent questions. You know, like about links to members pages.
    I didn't know that it was privately owned and subject to owners rules.
    I apologise for my rude behavior.

mountainborn Guest
    I can't help but think, that such strict moderation might keep those new to the sport from posting freely on this forum.
    They might think that each small infraction of protocol would be pointed out in this public forum.
    Not all of us have the social or political skills to realize just when and where to place a comment.
    My conclusion is that some observation that I have posted has struck a nerve somewhere.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I most humbly apologize for my previous posting about none premium members being able to see the members only caches. I had no way of logging in as a none paying member so blanket emailed the afore mentioned cachers who I knew were not paying/premium members of GC.
    They assured me that they could see them but I got an email from a cacher here in Arkansas saying they could not see them.

I’ve never used the phone-a-friend feature of caching before (except for posting the mouse hunt) so instead, I barrowed Sis’s ID and passcode (If you guys rat me out, and she stops thinking I‘m her bestest oldest brother…), went to GC and checked it out my self. You can not see them if you are not a paying member. They thought I was talking about the coords that you can only see if logged in.

This still doesn’t address the wording of the ruling as I see it because you Must be a member and be signed in to see Any caches at GC so all caches are members only. A ban on having to pay to see it would be more fitting and in line with what I hope they were trying to say/do.

Again, I most humbly apologize for this mis-info and I will take full credit for it…credit where credit is duo. Right? I think I have only found one premium member cache, and it was not one until after I found it.

I will try to make some amends for this by getting off this computer, pass on the next seven posting I would have made, (except for the hunt report) and even pay penance by dusting some. Promise. (well except for the dusting but you knew I was just joking about that)
    B (for Backing waaay up)
    P (for Packing up the keyboard)
    N (for Not dusting yet but I’m working on it)
    J (for Just hanging my head in shame)

Re: OOPZ, sorry, LE, wrong thread !

Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    I didn't realize that strict protocol was in order.
    I don't think "strict" would be the best descriptor of the moderation of these forum, as evidenced by some of the posts around here. However, there are (thankfully) some guidelines in place.

Speaking as a moderator, I'd say that my hope is that posters be aware of these guidelines and try to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    I didn't know that it was privately owned and subject to owners rules.
    While it's true that the site is officially owned by LongDogs, he has donated it to ArkGeo. Really, the only "rules" here are the forum posting guidelines. These were not created by LongDogs, but rather by the ArkGeo Steering Committee.
    View my profile