Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lonely in here

chili36 Guest

Lonely in here

Somehow, I feel like there won't be many from Northeast Arkansas to show up here.

Heck, for that matter there aren't that many geocachers in NE AR.

Have the paper or TV station do an article on Geocaching and more will come.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachecrazies Guest
    Guess we'd better check into this area forum - since we're in the area and the forum's feeling neglected!

There's actually a lot of us out here - just don't think many are into the forum or posting part of it. Either that - or they're out finding the caches that are still on our "to do" list!

We loved all the caches in the Ravendon, Paragould, Jonesboro areas we've hit so far. And there's enough more to fill a weekend. The number of caches is definately improving. I think the ones in this area take more time than the "quick, easy" caches in a more populated area. So someone who is more "numbers" aware might shy away from simply enjoying a cache or two for the whole day. But what sights and experiences they're missing!! You have to enjoy each area for what it gives you.

GEO Guest
    I have 2 caches over here but very little activity,mostly from Missouri.

chili36 Guest
    I spent a weekend geocaching up in the Jonesboro and Pocohontas area a month or so ago. I will say that although the caches were scattered, it was a great way to spend the weekend.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chili36
    I spent a weekend geocaching up in the Jonesboro and Pocohontas area a month or so ago. I will say that although the caches were scattered, it was a great way to spend the weekend.
    And in another forum

Quote Originally Posted by chili36
    I am a little surprised that Jonesboro isn't more active in geocaching.
    I just got back from a two day visit in Jonesboro and got out one day to find 5 caches with one DNF. The next time I visit, I'll have caches ready in case I run across a good hiding place.

Geezer

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    But what sights and experiences they're missing!! You have to enjoy each area for what it gives you.
    AMEN!, brother. Smell the roses along the way. Drink in the beauty.

I've been to mtn home and jonesboro and theres not much to experence. hahahahahahahahahaha
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

GEO Guest
    There are some really differnt type of places and scenery here on this side,just not many geocachers.
    Kinda like down here mostly older folk.

chili36 Guest
    The key word in describing the geocaches in Jonesboro and Pocohontas is "scattered".

It makes for a pretty good two day camping trip to find less than 10 caches, but sometimes is just isn't about the numbers.