Thread: Hey Walking Shadow I stumbled onto the quote

nonnipoppy Guest

Hey Walking Shadow I stumbled onto the quote

"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

--From Macbeth (V, v, 19)

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    MAC who?

I used to have a 1922 copy of “MACBETH” (not that collectable because of foxing) until I lent it to someone who collected it anyway. It was my only copy so I‘m unable to do a search for “nonnipoppy“ but I still have a 1922 copy of HAMLET, a 1920 “ IVANHOE”, and a few other old volumes to peruse.

Most would have just "Googled" an ID, who but poppy would ever have thought to search the works of the old masters. Good work. And good fun right?
    >Now where have I seen that teaching pigs thing?<

The choice of caching and posting IDs are sometimes very interesting, and we even had a posting on here somewhere asking how each of us had chosen ours. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    The choice of caching and posting IDs are sometimes very interesting, and we even had a posting on here somewhere asking how each of us had chosen ours. Right?
    Right!...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

polijn Guest
    >Now where have I seen that teaching pigs thing?<
    Wodehouse, I think, but I can't remember what.

nonnipoppy Guest
    MAC who?.............
    ............... who but poppy would ever have thought to search the works of the old masters. Good work. And good fun right?
    Well the truth be known as a senior in high school I was required to memorize that passage of Macbeth. It is one of those stupid things that I remember but can't find my car keys and have to check frequently to remember what the date is today.

Now if only my car would start with the quotation of some Edgar Allen Poe.

Mumbling to self.......Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December, And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor................poppy

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Rave on, Raven

walkingshadow Guest
    I never read Mcbeth be it a poor high school education and college education mostly in the sciences. Interesting...... My name came from a dark mood that has passed, amazing though that passage fits.

Since, I have found the name used by several others. Thanks for the info Nonnipopy

Walkingshadow

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Hey, Nonnipoppy, I remembered the quote.

Backward, turn backward, oh, time in your flight
    Make me a child again, just for to night!
    It's 104 degrees in the shade - feels like 127. Already discouraged from arthritic knees, the unbearable heat was the straw that broke the geocacher's back - no geocaching today. But all is not lost. I can revel in the logs and maybe find someone to email. Let's see... Grandma and kids had a DNF at Amphi Phun. I think I'll write her. Ma Bell is taking a nap. I've played Freecell repeatedly and can't get my percentage above 94. The Desert Fox is on the History channel - I've seen it all before. I could play my ukulele but I let my fingers get soft. There's nothing else to do ... I'll just write some emails.

So I'm happily keyboarding. The Desert Fox just got pinned with some kind of cross for his 16 months of service in the African theater. Then a commercial comes on and the TV gets noticibly louder. I'll just mute it - I don't want to wake Ma Bell. I continue keyboarding as one commercial follows another. I glance up to see if the commercials are over yet when to my surprise, I KNOW THAT MAN. I desperately reach for the mute button when it cuts to a dealership sign. I sit here meditating... I KNOW I KNEW THAT MAN. Then it came to me.....

Tired of the hollow, the base, the untrue,
    Poppy, O Poppy, my heart calls for you!

nonnipoppy Guest
    I hope the TV still works.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: Hey, Nonnipoppy, I remembered the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Backward, turn backward, oh, time in your flight Make me a child again, just for to night!
    ........There's nothing else to do ... I'll just write some emails.
    I'm keyboarding.. the TV gets noticibly louder... as one commercial follows another.. I glance up to see if the commercials are over yet when to my surprise.. a dealership sign. I sit meditating... I KNOW I KNEW THAT MAN. Then it came to me.....poppy
    Few things pass the searing heat of the day as fulfilling as A/C-ed blogging about, the celebs on TV. Eh?