Thread: HEP ME! TB etiquette

Q Guest

HEP ME! TB etiquette

Firstist, after having to travel this morning to up by Mt View, we swung back to the Fairfield Bay area to do our first caching excursion. Found a trailhead for one we want to visit in cooler wetter times and were 2 for 2 on our first couple of tries.

At Indian Rock, we found and decided to move a TB to the second can we were after, Abridge. #2 was far too small for this bug and attatched rider. No problem. We can find another. I have a hooked 8 year old now. He loved it. All the toys in can #1.

Problem: My relocation choice for said bug has one in it according to the site. Do I pick another? Is more than one cosher? Now what?

There is no limit on how many TBs may reside in a cache that I have ever heard of. Some caches are explicitly set up to receive and hold multiple TBs at a time. These are commonly called Travel Bug Hotels. So go for it! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Yeah, it's not a problem if you have more than one TB at a time, as long as you don't just hold on to them for a long time.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: HEP ME! TB etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Q
    .../... decided to move a TB.../...Problem: My relocation choice for said bug has one in it according to the site. Do I pick another?
    Bugs, both found and owned, are fun only when they move so it just sounds like the perfect setup for a bug swap. One is in hand and needs to be dropped, one is in cache and needs to be moved. TA ! DA!

Q Guest
    But BPJ, then I will hafta find ANOTHER one for bug #2! OH the pressure!

flannelman Guest
    Q, stop now!! Drop the TB and move away!! If you start picking them up you will fall into a very addictive trap of bug swapping. Please don't do it. I'm trying to reform myself but picked up a TB today. Now I need to drop it and find another. What a vicious cycle!!

At least my count will pick up.

geowoodstock Guest
    I broke my habit when I picked up a TB to put into one of many other caches I was planning on finding that day and found nothing but micros. Not by choice mind you. That is just how my luck was working! I ending up having a TB longer than what I wanted, but not because I wasn't caching.

I agree...TBs are addictive. I love seeing "cute" pictures bringing the bugs to "life" on their sites.

Out of courtesy to the owner they just need to be passed along quickly! Make sure you can deposit them in a timely manner before picking one up!

Oh and the other rule...read the bug info to see if it has a mission. This information is usually with the bug itself. If it has a specific mission and you can not help it along on that mission, I would leave it for someone who can help out!

Q Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geowoodstock
    Oh and the other rule...read the bug info to see if it has a mission. This information is usually with the bug itself. If it has a specific mission and you can not help it along on that mission, I would leave it for someone who can help out!
    Good points, but we did read his mission and discussed if we should "help" buggy or not. He said he wanted to take the long road home, so off we went. Hope to get him back on the road Thursday or Friday.