Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Ammo Cans (50cal.)

LadyEngineer Guest
    Jerry,

Is it too late to get an order in. I'd like 15 cans if I can.

Pat,

If there are cans still available and you still have room can I get a favor and get you to pick them up for me. Marty is working Sat for church and I've got some local obligations that I can't get out of but I'm willing to pay for gas.

Jo

Jo,
    No problem on the cans. Jerry said the man had about 3000, so I think there will be plenty left. I'll drop them off at your house Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure now what time I'll be coming through there. I want to do a little caching while I'm down there. If you're not home, I'll just put them on your porch. Glad to see so many cans coming to this part of the state. Maybe we'll see a huge increase in caches in the near future.

Here is the list of those whose ammo cans I am picking up Saturday. If I have missed anyone, or if someone else would like a few, please just let me know.

Topkitty - 10
    Tech_guy - 20
    Arkansas_angler - 10
    LadyEngineer - 15
    Sayitagain - 10
    Q -10

I do plan on picking up a few extra if anyone needs some later.

Polijn, I'm meeting Jerry, of the Cachemates, in Glenwood for breakfast. He is then taking me caching. I'm not sure exactly where we will be, but I would love to come by for a visit. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Team_Pink Guest
    I'll probably come down and get them. Arkansas_Angler, if you want me to I'll get yours as well. BTW, thanks for the help yesterday!

Woodwalker, I'll try to make it down next weekend. If storage is a problem I can come sooner.

30 cans for me and Arkanas_Angler

$50 for cans and gas.

Pilotsmom Guest
    I would be interested in purchasing some cheap ammo cans. You can contact me at my personal email address: Pilotsmom@classicnet.net.

Becky
    aka Pilotsmom

polijn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9
    Polijn, I'm meeting Jerry, of the Cachemates, in Glenwood for breakfast. He is then taking me caching. I'm not sure exactly where we will be, but I would love to come by for a visit. Hope to see you tomorrow.
    If you stop by the visitor's center after noon, just ask for Ashley.

If you guys do come this way, you can bring me 10 cans. If you don't come this way, I'll just get them the next run.

cachemates Guest
    When I got to the cafe this morning at 7:45 woodwalker was not there, so I give him a call to see where he was. He was out caching. He drove from Searcy to Glenwood and was caching before 8:00 am. He is a early bird for sure.

After we had breakfast and did our usual geo-talking, we headed out for a few caches on lake Greeson. We both enjoyed feeding the catfish at the marina. After woodwalker found all the caches in the area we stopped by my shop. I wanted to show him some caches I was working on.

Just before we got to where the ammo can were, I got a call from ORR. He was about 5 minutes behind us. He had called while we were at breakfast and said he was on his way. We meet ORR at the rest area outside of town. More geo-talking takes place here. After a bit we head out for the ammo can loading.

If I can figure out how to post a picture you will see who worked the hardest loading these cans. Pay close attention to woodwalker. Not a hair out of place, no sweat anywhere. Now look at ORR. Since I was taking the picture you will just have to take my word, I looked like ORR. How does woodwalker always stay so neat. ORR and my self looked like we had been run through an automatic car wash.

ASD had to attend his grandpa's funeral so we didn't expect him until later in the day. Just as we were getting the cans loaded, it started thundering, lighting, and raining. ASD called from Hot Springs and would be there soon as possible. Knowing it would take at least an hour, we went back in to town.

When ASD got there we had most of his cans ready to be loaded. It didn't take long until they were all loaded and ready to hit the road. We had to do a little more geo-talking before we parted ways though. I had a good time today with woodwalker9, ORR and Arkansas Stickerdude. Thanks guys for coming down and loading cans. I couldn't have done it with out you.

woodwalker9- 85 cans
    ORR- 25 cans
    Myself- 20 cans for mountainborn
    Arkansas Stickerdude- the winner today with------ 100 cans
    Total today 230 cans.
    There are plenty left for another day

This was truly a spur of the moment trip for me. I had noticed the forum logs a few days ago and was debating whether to get in on the cheap ammo boxes or not. Finally, this morning, I decided to go for it. I figured those guys would need some help. Also, I had been wanting to do some geocaching in the Glenwood area for some time, and this offered the perfect opportunity (and excuse, as if I need one! ).

Jerry's log explains it all. I had a great time meeting up with him and WW9 and enjoying their company while loading up all the cans. I came back to Russellville with 25 ammo cans. I only intend to keep about 5 of them and sell the rest, so if anyone in the Arkansas River Valley area needs some, let me know.

By the way, Jerry, THANKS for letting us know about this and coordinating the whole thing. And THANKS for all of your challenging caches I found today. You have some GREAT hides out there!!! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

What a fantastic day. As Jerry said in his post, I met him for breakfast and we had a great visit. He then took me out to Lake Greeson for some serious geocaching. To echo ORR's post, he has some GREAT hides out there. I don't know how he thinks up some of the devious ways to hide caches, but he has some evil ones. Jerry, thank you so much for all your help with the cans and for a fantastic day of caching and visiting with a good friend. I really appreciate you.
    It's always great to visit with ORR and ASD. ORR, I really appreciate all your help in loading my truck. It would have been tough without you. We got loaded just in time. It really poured just after you left.
    I was unable to get as many cans on my truck as I had hoped, so I'm already planning another trip to pick up another load(actually it's another caching trip, but I'll get some cans while there). Thanks again guys and I’m sure all those who got cans yesterday thank you too.

Q Guest
    Hey Woody, I sent you an email. You get some for me?? Let me know and thanks for your trouble.