Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Ammo Cans (50cal.)

cachemates Guest

Cheap Ammo Cans (50cal.)

Would anyone here be interested in 50 cal. ammo can. I may have located some at a very cheap price. $2.00 EA.
    I haven't had time to go check it out yet, but if you are interested let me know how many you want. I don't know how many are available, but when these are gone, that's it.
    We go to Hot Springs almost every week and plan on going to Burns Park before GK38 archives his caches, so I could deliver them there.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I haven’t been to a gun show for awhile but I was in a gun shop this last Monday and they were asking $7.95 ea for their 50cal cans.
    When you find out how many, if they have good seals and not too much rust call me. We may just clean them out and save them for those in the group who may need them, now or later.
    BPNJ
    EDIT: "clean them out..." = buy all of them....

I would definitely be interested in a few. I have some caches planned for this fall and I will be needing some ammo cans.

Team_Pink Guest
    I'll take 10!

polijn Guest
    I'll take about 5 or so - somebody muggled mine here at the park. I live in Hot Springs anyway.

mountainborn Guest
    Jerry, put me n' butcherknife in for twenty !

cachemates Guest
    Today I went to look at the ammo can. There are plenty of cans. Several pallets of them. They are outside so most of them have some rust on them, but the inside looks like new. He told me I could pick through them and get what I wanted.

He was a very nice man, after we met and talked about everything from Rattlesnakes to making moonshine, come to find out his daughter worked with my wife at Alltel a few years ago. I think he was just glad to have some one to tell his stories to. I heard some good ones too.

I told him we might want several cans, He said you just come get as many as you want, If I'm not here just make yourself at home. There has been a price change on the cans. After we met and talked and told stories the price now is, "get this" $ 1.00 a can. Now Thats Cheap.

So everyone who is interested let me know. It might be better to buy a pallet, the cans might be better inside the pallet.

I'll take 40. I have some plans toooooo
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

The 50 cal cans are the narrow cans, about 4 inches, as opposed to the 5.56 which are 6 inches...or do I have it backwards?

I'll take 10. That should last me a while.