View Poll Results: How many TB's do you have?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

4 18.18%
  • 1-5

12 54.55%
  • 6-10

3 13.64%
  • 11-20

0 0%
  • 21-50

2 9.09%
  • more than 50

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The fear of loss.

Ya'll have unexpectedly cracked me undown.

TheAlabamaRambler Guest

Ratio

Well, my ratio seems to be slipping! Now another one bit the dust!

Northern Exposure made it to the Artic Circle and halfway back before becoming - a dog toy!

This thread made me check my bugs, Northern Exposure hadn't moved in a while, so I sent this question:
    > To: <email address removed by moderator>
    > Subject: [GEO] TheAlabamaRambler contacting S_Kaz from Geocaching.com
    > Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 19:29:52 -0700
    > --This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com --

> Do you still have my Northern Exposure TB (a moose)? You logged picking him up on 2/25/06. If he's still with you would you please move him along to a nearby cache?
    > Thanks,
    > Ed
    I get this email in response:
    I posted a message asking about him and never heard anything so I assumed you didn't care about him and my dog has become attached to him.
    That's so bizarre it just has to be funny!

In an interesting twist Hermit Crabs rode to the rescue with a replacement, http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... try2387018

Still, I have been extraordinarily lucky so far!

Ed

Edited to add: I lost the cap off this keyboard a year or so ago, had to type everythig without a util I made a pluger with a piece of paper ad leared to use it to hit .

nonnipoppy Guest
    We have 46 actual released travel bugs or geocoins. 12 of those are missing. Possibly a few others have disappeared but we haven't yet realized it.

Our most interesting travellers seem to be in Europe. Like Smilin' Red or Ant In Search Of A Picnic. Ant was AWOL for a year in Idaho and suddenly showed up with logs I can't read.

I have no idea about the disparity of T/Bs in caches in Arkansas. I used to try to maintain two T/B hotels but they seem to have gone out of favor at least in the GC.com forums......poppy

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Ant was AWOL for a year in Idaho and suddenly showed up with logs I can't read.../....poppy
    Your TB “Ant“.
    My German is a little rusty (that much understatement should be illegal) and wasn’t all that good to begin with but more or less….to the best I recall of the language…The poster is saying that you (the owner) thought your TB was lost, it is resting/lays in that cache and they hope their posting is readable/understandable. And something about the last log being deleted or rewritten or something sort of like that.
    You could go to GC forums and let the German cachers translate it for you. There are so many dialects over there it isn’t always easy to know exactly what is being said, even by Germans. When I was over there the Berlinders who spoke High Dutch were understood by almost everyone but they didn’t understand anyone else. I was over there for a few years but that was many years ago.
    If I’m wrong (a whole bunch) or messed parts of it up (most of it) I will give you twice your money back but ya gotta catch me first.

You could also try the online babelfish, it's a long cry from perfect, but it should give you the gist of it.