Thread: Calling All Geekies :)

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Calling All Geekies :)

Calling all Geekies.
    I’ve seen the states you have cached in maps and was wondering if there was a map for where your Tb has been?

Either a US or world map where you can put in the coords of the caches your bug was dropped in and it would show pins on the map?

This would be a fun way to keep track of the travels of your bug so I figure someone has made one by now and I just aint found it.
    ---------------------

Most often I’m just clueless about such things but because this is about maps wouldn’t that make me lost?

BPNJ, if you're lost, I'm right behind ya!

Seriously, this sounds like a wonderful idea! I know you used ta be able to pull up a bug's travels, but it wasn't the same as having a map. I was given a TB tag to launch a bug for my class. I think that will be an excellent geography tool.

You know, if there was a map of their travels on their page, then maybe folks would be reminded to keep 'em moving!

tk >^..^<

Ltfightr Guest
    It's not quite the same but I have a map on the kitchen wall to show William where the bugs have gone.

How old is he? I want to do this with my class and do map scale, longitute, latitude, location of stuff, etc. Something "real world".

icetoad Guest

i realize this topic has been a bit dry since last summer...

But I was just playing around geocachers.com and looking at some info about a particular travel bug. On the right side is a link to view in google earth. I clicked it and voila, all the stops on that particular bug were pinned. (I did uncheck every other box to get a prettier view.)

I was able to right click the route in the left window and save it. It gave me 2 options, kmz or kml. I haven't had any luck finding a way to import it into any of my map stuff, but I have more coming next week and I'll try that.