Thread: Cache up for adoption

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Cache up for adoption

Amphi Phun (GCK767) located in the Folk Music Capitol of the world, Mountain View, is up for adoption. The search for this cache takes you through an amphitheater. Many of the 63 people who have found this cache have logs expressing keen interest and praise for this little jewel tucked away behind a city park.

I recently got a report that the cache has come up missing. I had planned to replace it this weekend but I am not quite up to making the trip. I used to travel to Mountain View every two or three weeks to enjoy the music at the Folk Center and on the square and was able to maintain the cache. But nowadays I just don't get up there as much as I used to.

If anyone wants to adopt it I can email a photograph showing exactly where the cache was hidden. You will need to make up a new cache to replace the one missing. You can hide it in the same place, or another of your preference as long as it takes people through the amphitheater to reach it. I will happily enable it again and turn it over to you. I would much rather do that than archive it so that the logs will not be lost. If you are interested, PM me or email through geocaching.com.

When you are planning to go to Mountain View, call the Ozark Folk Center State Park and see when Moon Mullins (my favorite) is scheduled to perform.

Geezer

cachemates Guest
    Geezer, we just happen to be going to Mountain View this weekend. We are leaving Friday morning. I would be glad to fix up a new cache and replace it for you. I don't think I could maintain one that far from home. We usually go once or twice a year, but still feel that is to far for us. Just let me know what you want me to do.
    Jerry