Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their back!!!

LadyEngineer Guest

Their back!!!

The 2006 Jeep travel jeeps are back. Wonder where they will pop up???

http://jeep.geocaching.com/

Seems they have a registration form for willing participants to fill out to get a jeep for initial placement.

Posting edited because I didn't read everything on their site first!

STW

I sent off my application form today in hopes of receiving one to put out in my area!

I have a picture of the new jeeps I saw them at GW4 haaaaaahaaaaa!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    They are out and moving about.

http://jeep.geocaching.com/track/history.aspx

Did anyone from Arkansas get one yet? They said they were sent out last Thursday and I was half expecting mine today based on the usual 6-day rule for anything coming USPS from the coast, but no sign of it yet.

I've also heard some comments made about potential hording and/or raids from across state lines in previous years. Will we do anything to prevent that this year? *IS* there anything we can do and do we care?

I mean, I guess in theory if you could make a large number of the jeeps disapear for the next six months until the contest is over it might increase your odds by some minute amount in as much as you prevented other cachers from entering, but they seem to have found a way around thta in the contest rules anyway by allowing you to take a picture of a cache that used to have a GJTB in it.

AR_kayaker

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ar_kayaker
    Did anyone from Arkansas get one yet? They said they were sent out last Thursday and I was half expecting mine today based on the usual 6-day rule for anything coming USPS from the coast, but no sign of it yet.

I've also heard some comments made about potential hording and/or raids from across state lines in previous years. Will we do anything to prevent that this year? *IS* there anything we can do and do we care?

I mean, I guess in theory if you could make a large number of the jeeps disapear for the next six months until the contest is over it might increase your odds by some minute amount in as much as you prevented other cachers from entering, but they seem to have found a way around thta in the contest rules anyway by allowing you to take a picture of a cache that used to have a GJTB in it.
    AR_kayaker
    It seems that you've got a good picture on what is going to happen plus how Jeep/GC has dealt with it. I suppose there will be hoarding by those who get them just like last year and hoarding by those who find those released by those who didn't hoard them. Same ole same ole story.
    I didn't even try to win a jeep, I just put those WJTBs out that were entrusted to me last year and let the hoarding begin. It did.
    I'm not the jeep police so I don't care one way or the other.

I got one!

I received one of the 2006 Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs ("Locke Mountain (CO)" Green Jeep Travel Bug REF#: TB131RT) in the mail Monday morning. I have been working all week and I have not had a chance to place it in a cache yet. I plan on dropping it off in a cache in my area this weekend.

I will post again when it is placed.

paris1time

cachecrazies Guest

Got it!

We got one too and are hoping to put it out in a local cache this weekend. It's "Augusta Mountain (CO)" - which is very ironic as we're well familiar with that area from when we lived in Colorado.

Re: Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    We got one too and are hoping to put it out in a local cache this weekend. It's "Augusta Mountain (CO)" - which is very ironic as we're well familiar with that area from when we lived in Colorado.
    Well since the two of you have gotten yours I wonder what the hold-up on mine is. According to one of the GC moderators everyone that sent in a form to request one as of last week would get one and they still have some left over.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    I didn't even try to win a jeep, I just put those WJTBs out that were entrusted to me last year and let the hoarding begin.
    I can't say I'd want to win the jeep myself. If I did I'd more likely sell it and buy something more practical.

Wouldn't mind another 60Cx though. It'd make a great gift for my sister or my neice now that I've addicted them to the sport.