Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request for a cache by a state park

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Amber, Why don't you go to http://www.geocaching.com and read all about our sport. I imagine you will want to get involved and this is as good a time as any. You could get a UserId and hide the cache yourself. The web site explains all about it, gives you instructions on setting up a UserId and has tips and guidelines for hiding caches.

If you set it up yourself, then each time someone finds it you will get an email with their log entry. It's really exciting. There are a host of people on this board ready and eager to help. Think about it, and best wishes.

Geezer

arkansas_angler Guest
    If the offer is still up and tech_guy if you don't want to do it, I sure do need to put some hides out with my name on them. I've got a couple of containers made up, but just haven't found the right spot for 'em.

arkansas angler

LuckyoneinAR Guest
    I have had a chance to talk to my geocaching partner - Gabby 01 - and we would like to try placing a cache here. He lives in Blytheville so we feel it would be easy to maintain. We haven't placed a cache yet so it will definitely be a learning experience. If I can get a thumbs up, we will contact the park within the next few days. Thanks for the opportunity. If it's already done, then we'll look forward to the hunt!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    May I remind everyone that it does not require a special invitation to place a cache. Find a nearby park, get permission if necessary and do it!

Geezer

Amen to that, Geezer!

Aaron_Alane2004 and LuckyoneinAR: Welcome to both of you and thanks for stepping up to offer to place caches!

It looks like that park is easily big enough to hold at LEAST two caches (just make sure they are at least one tenth of a mile apart, according to GC.com guidelines...)

...So I think you should BOTH put a cache there!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

TheAlabamaRambler Guest

Two

Ditto the idea for two, maybe a large traditional family-friendly with kid stuff in it and, dare I say it, an easily accessible yet very high difficulty small or micro for a challenge?

I have a kewl hollow bolt I will contribute if anyone wants it!

I think it highly exciting and an honor to the Arkansas cachers who work with your state parks to promote our game while protecting the park's interests that you are being invited to do this - great work!

Ed

Team_Pink Guest
    You two go ahead and go for it. I have talked to Amber a few times and she is excited about it. I was out last week and told her I would call when I got back. I'll call her and tell her that there are two cachers ready, willing, and able to take care of her request.

polijn Guest
    I work at Lake Ouachita State Park. We have two caches on one of our hiking trails. Whoever's going to put a cache over at Hampton, they'll need to read the ASP guidelines for geocaching and fill out a form to turn into Hampton's superintendent. Which I'm sure Amber can forward to whoever that might be. You can find both of them at the ASP website on geocaching:

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/things/geocache/

LuckyoneinAR Guest
    Done - GCWW16 is now ready to go.

If anyone has any suggestions or if there is anything that should be done to improve the cache, please let me know. Thanks!

BTW - Amber Davis is a wonderful person to work with. If you happen to meet her while at the park, be sure to say hi.