Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for a cache by a state park

LongDogs Guest

Request for a cache by a state park

I wanted to pass along this request. I hope one of us near the north east part of the state can help out.
    Hello, I am with Arkansas State Parks and recently learned about the caches in some of our local parks. I am interested in finding someone to set one up in our park and was told you might be able to help me. We are a very small park in a somewhat out of the way location off I-55 and anything cached in our park would not be extremely difficult to find but would give those with mobility restrictions or young children a cache easy to find and get too. If you have any ideas or members who are looking for a new cache place I would be very interested in hearing from them.

Thanks you,

Amber Davis, CIG
    Museum Program Assistant
    PO Box 156
    Wilson, AR 72395
    (870) 655-8622
    Fax: (870) 655-8061
    amber.davis@arkansas.gov

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hey Tech_Guy is this in your area?

I was just about to post this same request.

I want to add that it says a lot that the Arkansas State Parks system is contacting us requesting caches in their parks. Hope we can find someone to accommodate them.

I'm pretty sure that THIS is the state park that is being discussed...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Amber adds,

"I look forward to getting a cache set up here and the visitors it will bring in to our park. I have to warn you though, our park is only about 4-5 acres in size and I have seen only 1 really good spot to hide a cache, however, on the up side it is easy to get to and would be great for younger people or people with limited mobility who can’t hike the longer trails. I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from someone soon."
    View my profile

Team_Pink Guest
    If we don't put one there, we'll find someone who will!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    Amber adds,

"I look forward to getting a cache set up here and the visitors it will bring in to our park. I have to warn you though, our park is only about 4-5 acres in size and I have seen only 1 really good spot to hide a cache, however, on the up side it is easy to get to and would be great for younger people or people with limited mobility who can’t hike the longer trails. I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from someone soon."
    Sorry, Gaddiel, but these Old River Runner eyes couldn't read this! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

If nobody wants to I'll go put one out and have the Parks dept mantain it. So someone speak up or I'll do it.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Team_Pink Guest
    I'm only 84 miles so I can do it Arkansas_StickerDude. Fort Smith is over 300 miles.

There are some new cachers in our area and I thought it might be good to offer one of them the chance to place the hide but if no one is interested, I don't mind to make the short trip. I have been working on some "environmental convergence" ideas and it sounds like the park would be a great place to try one out!

Team_Pink Guest
    ORR, if you can figure out how to get the first step of Mission: Improbable, you can figure out how to make the contrast problem in Gaddiel's message go away!

Oops. Sorry about that. I forget that others are probably not using the same theme as me... Hope this helps:

Amber adds,

View my profile