Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your All Time Favorite Cache In Arkansas?

cachemates Guest
    One favorite cache, Now that is tough. How do you choose from so many great places? We have the Hawksbill Crag cache on our list to do around Christmas, So it may be our favorite when we find it.
    Here is a list of five of our favorites caches.
    Alum Cove
    Seven Hollows
    Whats the score
    Cousin Eddie
    The Judge
    Our favorite "Golf Gone Nutz"

DEEZER Guest
    My favorite in Arkansas is Glory Hole. GCGOPO. Cool place.

arkhiker Guest
    I consulted my wife, Mrs. Arkhiker, on what she thought was our favorite cache as I was having difficulty nailing it down. She confidently responded with Alum Cove! I have to concur. That was a great cache simply for the beautiful hike and the interesting features along the way.
    Especially interesting for me was reading the log book and seeing that quite a few muggles had found the cache, logged their finds, and rehid the ammo can right back where they had found it! Not something you're likely to see in the middle of the 'big city.'

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    BUMP - to get this back to the top.

If you haven't responded to this, please do. I have visited many of these and made pictures. I would like to visit the rest over the next several weeks and then make a slide show of favorite caches. So tell us your favorites. If you have digital pictures, PM me for instructions on where to send them to be included in the slide show.

Many thanks,

Geezer

polijn Guest
    Perhaps LadyEngineer & all could take a copy of the slideshow to their AGF presentation?

I've only got a few under my belt, but so far my favorite is close to work.

GC3F25 "Caddo Bend" Here's a pic.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Thanks, Polijn. Caddo Bend is a good one. I've got pictures I made there but I'll put yours in too.

What I envision is just a bunch of pretty pictures taken at cache sites and they won't really demonstrate anything you would want to point out to G&FC. It's going to take several weeks for me to visit all the places I haven't been so it will not be ready for L.E.'s project. She probably wouldn't want to use up her valuable limited time anyway.

If and when this comes to fruition I will certainly share it with anyone who wants a copy.

Keep on truckin'

Geezer

Bumping this one up. We have a lot of people who have started geocaching since this one was first discussed, and I would love to see what the current thinking is.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

majii Guest
    I'll bite. My favorite cache of all time is one that sticks out from when I had first started caching. It was one of my first 50 finds or so. Oddly enough, it was an urban "micro" that has since been archived. It was called A Knight's Tale.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...log=y&decrypt=

I was really impressed with the cleverness of it, and I've been looking for an opportunity to hide one like it myself for quite a while. No great view or long hike, just a fun cache.

Thanks for bringing this one back up. The thread was started in 2006 and I started caching in 2007 so I had not seen it before.

I have not found as many caches as some but even in my limited knowledge of caches I honestly say I cannot pick out just one that is the best. As others have said there are too many categories to pick just one overall. Funny, "Nano in the woods", Clever, "Who's on First" , Unusual, "Illuminating Louis", Beautiful, "Boges Alcove", Original, "The Great Seal".

But I guess I would have to say that my all time favorite was the only one that I just could not figure out had to post a DNF after about 6 tries and had to have the owner come to my rescue was, "Batters Up" by Woodwalker 9.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...8-f4b5fbd9d6e4

If you go to that URL you will see that only one or two cachers have ever found this cache without help.

Also if you look at my list of favorites you will see that almost all of them were hidden by Woodwalker9. He is a very clever and resourceful geocacher and I have learned a lot from him.

chimps8mybaby Guest
    "batters up" is the one that pops into my head every time i think about caching in arkansas. whew!

i enjoyed "almus knob" and "boges alcove", but i know that i haven't even scrached the surface of all the great places here.

some of the caches mentioned in this thread are on my to-do list. (hopefully soon)