Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to the community

Whoa, what did you do that got you canned? I heard about some stink over the record run, but I can't see how that affected your position as a reveiwer.

demonicangel Guest
    Don't let their stink ruin your fun of the game. Just take it in stride and use this time to go out and find some caches and do it the way YOU want to.

Even though you won't be a reviewer anymore, I still hope you attend some of the meetings around here. Angel and I both plan to make a trip back home for Poppy's events every year so I really hope to see ya there.

TheAlabamaRambler Guest

Not gone

Thanks for all the kind words!

I have met many friends in this community (as NatureFish) and will remain active in it as a player.

The circumstances of NatureFish's demise are short but convoluted: you really can go from hero to zero in this game in a few days - suffice it to say that I did something I should not have done - and that infraction was compounded by becoming embroiled in a couple of really nasty controversies, and I don't have the political skill to handle attacks well.

Anyhoo, I loved this game and the people who play it before I was invited to become a Reviewer and still do.

I will be around
    Ed

Just now got around to reading this post, and wanted to add my name to the list. Ed, we all appreciate the work you've done as a volunteer approver. I don't know the specifics of what happened and I don't care. I just want to say thanks for all of the help you've given me and the rest of the geocachers in Arkansas.

Also, I'd like to thank you for being a voice of reason on these forums. You've always been willing to help anyone who needs it. It was great meeting you at the event, and I look forward to seeing you around here in the future.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

mountainborn Guest
    Ed, you have contributed so much to this sport. I have followed this mess with revulsion. All it takes any more is for someone to take a stance or state an opinion on a public forum, then the rabid dogs attack them. I deem that your decision was well within the scope of your job, and, that simpering wimps who are afraid to make decisions at that level, attacked out of envy.
    I look forward to seeing you on here !
    Thanks to THEALABAMARAMBLER for having the spine it takes to forge new routes into the future of geocaching.

Ed,
    You are certainly going to be missed as our reviewer. We always considered you more than just our reviewer, but our friend. I hope you will stay involved through this forum and hope to see you soon at the next Arkansas event. We wish you only the best.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I don’t know the details either but thank goodness that only reviewers get fired for making mistakes because if us hiders and seekers got fired for making mistakes I’m sure there would be no hiders left to hide and no seekers left to seek.

We have bestowed 00 raises (in the words of the great mathematician Jethro Bodine “Double Naught”) to the great geocachers of Arkansas before for their great efforts but I would like to nominate you for the first ever (maybe not the last), much better than 00, raise to “Double Naught 2 (Also)” 002. That's a double double?? []

Along with a Thank You this is just about all we have to offer so I hope you except both in appreciation for all your hard volunteer work trying to keep the game sane and make it better.

Does anyone second the motion to double his pay X2?
    BPNJ

PS. Welcome back to the much less work but still a lot of fun , side of caching.

mcdoodles Guest

Sad day in the caching world

We meet TheAlamabaRambler at GW4. He is one of the nicest people we meet over the weekend. I am pretty sure we know what he did to get into hot water. But this is getting stupid. Do they really want to turn their backs on the caching community after all we have done for this game? They mention warning then banishment. We have yet to receive a warning, yet our cache got archived. We actually had 4 caches at our campsite. Only a handful of people found all of them. Most only found one or two of them. We were doing a test to see how many could be found. BTW did any of you sign the logbook in the wooden bulletin board? Yes that too was us doing a test. We have a FULL log book from that one. We were going to only allow logging of the two that got the most hits. "Curiosity Killed The Cat" and "The Texas Micro" were there to show diffrent kinds of hides not to get us banned from our game.

EDIT- Double talk

9key Guest
    Sorry to see you go, Ed, and it was nice meeting you. Believe me, you won't miss reviewing caches. I sure don't.

Sorry to hear all the news Ed, but I know the world will still keep spinning. Enjoyed meeting you at Clarksville. Also enjoyed caching with you and you were there on my #400 find in Clarksville. Will stay in touch, hope you do also.
    73 de K5JMB
    mbell72901
    Mike