Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 24 Hour Run Record

New 24 Hour Run Record

Congratulations to Poppy, Golf and Naturefish who were all part of the new 24 hour cache record just set in Dallas - Fort Worth. 312 caches in 24 hours! Read all about it in the Groundspeak forums.
    http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=133233
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

demonicangel Guest
    Grumble, grumble. Notice the jealous jerks on the forums who just had to gripe about the record run. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I had to remind them it was really none of their business how someone else plays the game.
    Man people like that get on my nerves.......

nonnipoppy Guest
    Thanks for the comments. We went to try to have a good time and see if we could play with these guys.

I can assure you that there was well over 100 man hours of hard preparation to determine what caches to seek and the correct routing. It is exhilarating to be that active for 24 + hours.

We came together with very little knowledge of each other but united by a single goal.

The previous record holder, Geopirat, who led this run stated in our first meeting that his goals were to do the following in this order:

1. Meet other cachers
    2. Have fun
    3. Break the previous record and set a new one if possible

We each shared a super time with 7 other guys while successfully accomplishing a common goal. The kidding, camaraderie, jokes, successes, failures and laughter were truly special to me. At the risk of sounding kind of sappy it was a special time that I will always treasure.

At the same we will also enjoy the next cache we find even if we only find one in a day. Thanks again for your kind words.....poppy

edit: recalculated planning time

Congrats Everyone I'll see everyone at GW4 so we can talk about it
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Congrats to Poppy, Golf and Fish, et al. Sounds like a fun day, but I bet the van was getting a little "rank" after awhile!
    Having done some 30+, 40+ and even a 50 find cache run in a 12 hour day with OMG and ASD, I cannot ever imagine how it would feel to do a 300+ run. I think it is great!! Having been in this "sport" only 6 months, I love it and hope I can join in sometime on a BIG run.
    Sorry I will miss GW4 this year, but maybe next time!

Team_Pink Guest

Congratulations!

A few days ago, I didn't know anybody who had a WORLD record in ANYTHING! Now I know three!

Congratulations guys!

Team_Pink Guest

Geocaching forums discussion on the DRR

I couldn't not say anything either!

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... try2243291

Team_Pink Guest

On a more positive note!

JSGREER1 did a search on her cable guide for "geocaching" and discovered that Law and Order, Thursday at 9:00, is about two geocachers getting murdered. It may be a re-run but I haven't seen it.

Did I say positive? Anyway, I wonder how they will present the game and how many new geocachers will begin the game due to the exposure?

Re: On a more positive note!

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    JSGREER1 did a search on her cable guide for "geocaching" and discovered that Law and Order, Thursday at 9:00, is about two geocachers getting murdered. It may be a re-run but I haven't seen it.

Did I say positive? Anyway, I wonder how they will present the game and how many new geocachers will begin the game due to the exposure?
    ddkds and I just set the DVR to record this!

I guess I'll be added to the list of people that are griping about the way the record makers went about their cacheing. Not in the fact that they did it as a group or any of that trivial crap, but the lead the fact that they were signing the outside of the caches.

I'd be pissed if someone marked up the outside of one of my caches, even the plain looking ones. Use a stamp or a sticker, drop in a business card or whatever, but don't deface the caches.

AR-kayaker