Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Cache Stats

I found over 100 before I hide one just to make sure I knew what I was doing and that this is what I wanted to do for a while.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    I found over 100 before I hide one just to make sure I knew what I was doing and that this is what I wanted to do for a while.
    See thats what I am talking about, a lot of people I know jump on any new thing that comes along, and they do it till something else comes along, I know about that cause my sister is that way (LoL) seriously though. Thats what I am talking about. It saves a lot of caches being abandoned because "it isn't any fun anymore" or some other reason about like that.

GEO Guest

CACHES

I found several before I put any out but there were not very many at all in SW Missouri or NW Arkansas.
    If one can maintain the caches that they put out I see no problems with numbers.
    But when they do not try to maintain them they should be limited to the number.
    I like the Adopt a cache theme.
    And so far have had no problems in this area in that.
    The reason I put out so many was to promote the sport in the area and the like.It worked.
    I like it now I have so many that I have to start planning good now and can get several in an area.
    I have been so busy lately I have not had time to do some quality caching.
    Just wait all u'uns out there I am coming to a cache or two near you.

Thanks for putting them out.

cachecrazies Guest
    When we started caching there were 102 caches in Arkansas! And we love how it's changed! We agree with Gaddiel & O.D. that Arkansas is the perfect place for caches - whatever you want, woods and wildlife or urban caches.

As far as cache finds/hide ratios go - we HATE to see a "found 0/ hid 1" post. We agree that hides are better with a little bit of experience under your belt. And to make sure that you're still caching a few months from now! We have a little over 300 finds and 16 hides. Actually, it should be 19 if you count the ones we've placed for CCCooper Agency here in Arkansas. And we maintain 2 for out of state hiders.

But we didn't hide ANY until we thought we could hide and maintain good caches. We also think it's important to hide no more caches than you can maintain properly. For us, every DNF means a trip to the cache to check on it's welfare and make sure it's still in place. To us, maintenance is more important than the original hide.

In the last year, the Mountain Home area has gotten enough new caches placed that it's now worthwhile to spend a weekend here. Big difference in a short time!

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    In the last year, the Mountain Home area has gotten enough new caches placed that it's now worthwhile to spend a weekend here.
    Do I detect a subtle (or not so subtle) hint in that post?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Are you asking for a bunch of us to come up with a cache-a-van.

cachecrazies Guest
    Gaddiel wrote
    Do I detect a subtle (or not so subtle) hint in that post?

Maybe just a little nudge??

I can not beleive Arkansas is up to 609 caches. Keep up the good work.

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    I can not beleive Arkansas is up to 609 caches. Keep up the good work.
    What's really cool, is that since we have so many people on this site now, if we all decided to put just one more cache out, that number jumps by 55!

--RuffRidr

lukywest Guest
    I am only going to put onces close to me so I can visit it when it needs to be. Plus they are only about 5 miles to me. I have only 1 out now and I have logged about 26 finds. I am going to get 30 this weekend for sure and I will have my 2nd approved. Again I believe if you are done with this sport pull all the caches and archive it. No sense leaving us high and dry if we need you. Lukywest