Thread: Ammo Cans

Ammo Cans

Attention All Arkansas Geocachers!!!

A message was passed along to me today that I think several of you might be interested in:

Hi, Moosiegirl from Austin, TX here. I'm a board member of TX Geocaching Assn. and a self-appointed "ammo can acquisition agent" for geocachers. I just joined the site to see if there is any interest in Arkansas buying a bunch of ammo cans from Texas, as I recently purchased a large quantity of 30-caliber cans from surplus at Fort Hood. I will be making a trip up through East Texas and probably to Shreveport, and I could just as well possibly make a trip up into Arkansas somewhere as well. I'm offering the cans for $3 each in Texas, which covers my costs but just barely. I could probably offer the same price to AR if there is enough demand to pay for my gasoline (and boy it's become a real challenge to pay for it, hasn't it??).

Thanks, and Happy Trails!
    Candy
    If you are interested, contact Candy on Yahoo IM (moosiegirlTX), or email candylind AT email DOT com. Deadline to order is May 20.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I sent MoosieGirl an email with my order. I will be in TX on Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully, I will meet up with her either at Geowoodstock IV or some other location to pick up my cans. If anybody else wants to order some from her and have me transport them back to Arkansas let me know.

STW

Team_Pink Guest
    I'll take ten. Since you are in Cabot I'll come and get them when you get back from TX. Just gimme a holler.

nonnipoppy Guest
    We will try to hook up with moosiegirl at GeowoodstockIV and pick up a few for us.......poppy

I missed out on this...

I am looking to get a couple of ammo cans. I only need one or two. Any suggestions where to get them as cheap as possible?

Thanks,

paris1time

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1time
    I am looking to get a couple of ammo cans. I only need one or two. Any suggestions where to get them as cheap as possible?
    B & C Pawn Shop, 609 N. St. Joseph (Bus. 9), Morrilton. He stocks them for gun customers to keep their ammo dry. $3.00 the last time I bought some.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1time
    B & C Pawn Shop, 609 N. St. Joseph (Bus. 9), Morrilton. He stocks them for gun customers to keep their ammo dry. $3.00 the last time I bought some.
    I was just in Morrilton last week too. Maybe I will be back that way soon.