Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: These goggone Garmin guyz

mountainborn Guest
    Poppy said:
    But with a christian spirit I will now say that if you will stop all of this delusional foolishness we will forgive you and ignore it when you get a real GPSr.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Actually I have been looking at buying a new GPS.
    This old Magellan gold that I have been carrying is not being manufactured anymore.

nonnipoppy Guest
    I will admit that I have lust in my heart for a Garmin 60 CSx. I just can't make myself buy it while this 60CS works as well as it does.....poppy

mountainborn Guest
    Garmin 60csx vs. Magellan eXplorist XL

http://www.correlates.com/details?left= ... B000CSOXTO
    Here they are, side by side, lets compare the features that will be most useful to the geocacher.
    Lets don't make it a brand name contest, lets objectively look at the pros and cons of each.

mountainborn Guest
    The first thing I notice is the Magellan XL requires 4 AA bateries for 19 hours.
    The Garmin csx needs 2 AA batterys for 20 hours.
    Nearly twice the battery consumption !

nonnipoppy Guest
    Well mountainborn you can decide out of all that which one you want. Reading several of the posts in the GPS and Software topic on GC.com I think there is little question that customer service (if you need it) from Garmin is absolutely outstanding.

Seriously most of the cachers that I have know that own or owned a Magellan have switched to Garmin. That does not make them the best but the most popular. For someone that is technically savvy the ability to have access to lots of others with knowledge on that unit is probably not a big deal.

In addition your iconoclastic personality may prevent you from making that choice.

Good luck with your choice and may the farce be with you........poppy

mountainborn Guest
    As Bevis would say:
    iconoclastic, he, he, he . . . he said iconoclastic . .

Geeze poppy, this is a family forum !
    Can you realy say that in mixed company ?

I have no idea which is the best GPSr. i do like my Magellan explorist 210 though. It usually gets me to within a couple feet no matter the weather or tree cover. Also, while caching last Friday with the family. I inadvertantly left my GPS on the top of the car! Dumb. I realized my mistake a few minutes later as it flew off, hit the trunk, and bounced down the highway. We retrieved it and I was allready wondering how to replace it when my wife showed me that it was fine! Pretty tough.

I have went to the Dark Side , I went from a explorist 200 to a 60CSx. I tried a 500LE and didn't like it. If I was going to buy a Magellen It would be the 210. Why would I do that I own the best geocaching gps made. Garmin 60 CSx. I now have the power of the Dark side and I like it
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stu22321
    I have no idea which is the best GPSr.........
    In my opinion the best GPSr is the one in my hand that leads me to the next cache.

Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    I will admit that I have lust in my heart for a Garmin 60 CSx. I just can't make myself buy it while this 60CS works as well as it does.....
    My lust overcame my ability to resist and we ordered a 60CSx just in time to use it heading to N.C. for Geowoodstock 5. We really like it.

Mountainborn did you ever buy another GPSr? If so what did you choose?

5beavers Guest
    AR-HICK is a traitor!! I knew it was just a matter of time before I converted him.HA!HA!HA!