Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: These goggone Garmin guyz

ORR good observation. But get real DODGE and GARMIN is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude

The epitome of eloquence here for sure.

mountainborn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    Stickerdude ! Tell me it ain't so !
    A DODGE and a GARMIN ?
    At the same time ?
    NO !!!
    You just gotta' be a' pullin' our leg !
    Nobody is that big of a glutton for punishment.
    You will have to be careful with a combination like that. Be sure to not get near a fault line or anything. The earth could just rip apart in the presence of so much . . . HYPERBOLE . ..

nonnipoppy Guest

Re: GPS Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Just be aware that General Custer is a slippery dude that constantly uses misdirection to confuse his opponents. (and that ain't to hard for some of us).

His motto seems to be "If you can't dazzle 'em with truth, then baffle 'em with B.S. :P :P

You will have to be careful with a combination like that. Be sure to not get near a fault line or anything. The earth could just rip apart in the presence of so much . . . HYPERBOLE . ..

Your Honor, I rest my case.

mountainborn Guest
    Poppy said:
    Your Honor, I rest my case.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Rainin' where you are at today also, eh ?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I got a call from ALOFT23 yesterday evening ( N/E Texas ), asking about the weather, stream crossings, ect..
    He decided to go to Dallas so he would pass thru this weather front sooner and have better caching weather.
    He allowed as how he would be in this area in a couple of weeks.
    That would make it about the time Butcherknife and I are in Charleston South Carolina for a ship's reunion.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Is he headed to your area to cache? We might be able to handle him here but we will be gone the weekend of the 20th and the following one for the record attempt run and then GeowoodstockIV.

It will be interesting to cache with the Germans on this record attempt and see how many use that inferior Magellan equipment.

mountainborn Guest
    Poppy said:
    Is he headed to your area to cache?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Not this weekend, two weeks from now.
    Those Germans know the difference between "hobby equipment" and professional grade navagational equipment.
    Count them close !

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hey General Custer,

I was speaking to geopirat the German cacher who currently hold the world record for caches found in 24 hours today. He is the team leader for our upcoming attempt to break the current record.

Technology abounds with this group so much that it makes my head swim.

We have had several Skype (free telephone program) conversations about our attempt. Today I ask the question " What kind of GPSrs will you guys be using? The answer was "To a man GARMIN GPSMap 60CSx".

It is now time for your lame off subject rebuttal.

mountainborn Guest
    Poppy said:
    We have had several Skype (free telephone program) conversations about our attempt. Today I ask the question " What kind of GPSrs will you guys be using? The answer was "To a man GARMIN GPSMap 60CSx".
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    No doubt Garmin is trying to get a toe hold on the EU market. They have traditionaly done so poorly there that it effects their credibility world wide.
    Probably a sponsorship endeavor.
    A desperate attempt to gain name recognition for their flawed product.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    No doubt Garmin is trying to get a toe hold on the EU market. They have traditionaly done so poorly there that it effects their credibility world wide.
    Probably a sponsorship endeavor.
    Actually I queried him on this point and he allowed that when most Germans went to a store to purchase a GPSr that the Thales produced uinits all just gave up and quit.

Perhaps it is heredity or history. I'm not sure which.

Nice try to baffle the enlightened masses with your propaganda there Gen Custer. But you are headed for Little Big Horn at an alarming rate.....

But with a christian spirit I will now say that if you will stop all of this delusional foolishness we will forgive you and ignore it when you get a real GPSr.