Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: These goggone Garmin guyz

mountainborn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    To be pointed out as one who has left the ranks of serious professional navigators, to become one of those, ...... well, you know, ...... recreational users, ... , on a public forum !
    Did I miss something???
    >
    Nah, same ol' BS, you know, BULL STUFF.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    To be pointed out as one who has left the ranks of serious professional navigators, to become one of those, ...... well, you know, ...... recreational users, ... , on a public forum !
    Did I miss something???
    >
    Nah, same ol' BS, you know, BULL STUFF.

Well well well. Finally, at long last, an accurate statement from the man. Obvoiusly the citizens of Grannis were law abiding today. Someone has had faaaaaarr to much time to play on the computer. :P

flannelman Guest
    Proud recreational user and owner of the second place in the accuracy contest, Garmin eTrex Legend, which, as already pointed out, was also the first place model.

Never tried a Magellan. I didn't like the layout of the controls.

Maybe some day all Magellan users will see the

mountainborn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flannelman
    Proud recreational user and owner of the second place in the accuracy contest, Garmin eTrex Legend, which, as already pointed out, was also the first place model.

Never tried a Magellan. I didn't like the layout of the controls.

Maybe some day all Magellan users will see the

WOoo HOOo ! We be gettin those emoticons in there now !
    By the way Flannelman, congratulations on your accuracy in the contest.
    >
    Not bad for a ocasional recreational gps user !

mountainborn Guest
    While caching up on Rich Mountain, I came across a sad spectacle. Here was this geocacher on the Lovers Leap Trail, stumbling along. GPS held up high in front of him. It had came a rain shower and the paper bag over his head was kind of "droopy". The eye holes were sagging badly. The cacher was gasping for air but would not remove the wet paperbag from his head.
    Willing to talk, he needed the rest stop I think, he told me that, "I have kin folks on the trail and I don't want them to know that it is me using a Garmin" !
    "You see, sadly he said, I am from a long line of professional navigators, and am the black sheep of the family". " The rest of the family is very tech savvy. and can readily operate the superior MAGELLAN". "While I have to settle for the simpler Garmin".
    "The rest of the MAGELLAN using family members have already found the cache and are at the picnic. As soon as I find this cache, I will hide this old Garmin, pull off the paper bag and go to the picnic also."
    " I see you are using a MAGELLAN, he said, is there any chance you could give me a hint ?"
    Here is a photo of the man's wife using his Garmin at Ayer's Rock in Australlia:

nonnipoppy Guest
    While caching up on Rich Mountain, I came across a sad spectacle. Here was this geocacher on the Lovers Leap Trail, stumbling along. GPS held up high in front of him. It had came a rain shower and the paper bag over his head was kind of "droopy". The eye holes were sagging badly. The cacher was gasping for air but would not remove the wet paperbag from his head.
    Willing to talk, he needed the rest stop I think, he told me that, "I have kin folks on the trail and I don't want them to know that it is me using a Garmin" !
    "You see, sadly he said, I am from a long line of professional navigators, and am the black sheep of the family". " The rest of the family is very tech savvy. and can readily operate the superior MAGELLAN". "While I have to settle for the simpler Garmin".
    "The rest of the MAGELLAN using family members have already found the cache and are at the picnic. As soon as I find this cache, I will hide this old Garmin, pull off the paper bag and go to the picnic also."
    " I see you are using a MAGELLAN, he said, is there any chance you could give me a hint ?"

mountainborn Guest
    he he he
    >

flannelman Guest
    Thanks for the congrats ! I'm looking forward to bringing my Garmin to the Moutain Clan cachers event.

Nice paper bag!!

LadyEngineer Guest
    Well I just have to say that if your a true blue pro at navigating, you wouldn't be wasting your time with a Magellan or a Garmin. Why use 10 to 30 ft accuracy when you can have 2 cm. That's right, I said 2 (count them 1, 2) centimeter accuracy. That's about the width of two pinkie fingers for those of us that need a visual size reference.

Trimble is the only way to go. Most of us just can't afford the technology.

Sorry just had to say something because my house uses both and I've seen the Garmin out do the Magellen and the Magellen out do the Garmin. Truelly they are both the same but neither of them can touch a Trimble.

LE

nonnipoppy Guest
    Now here we were having a great argument when a darn gone Injin-ear type started to bring facts into the talkin.

But since that happened we are pleased to announce that the GPS accuracy contest at This Event will be set and overseen by some fellers using THIS TRULY PROFESSIONAL type of eqipment.

By the way the times and events have been

So be sure and note the changes.

Then the arguments and EXCUSES can commence. Mountain born will be there to show everyone just how accurate his Maggie truly is or perhaps he will be like the time he was looking for the coin that Cachemates left it was like this:

Hope to see you all there and put this argument to bed before General Custer gets massacred.