Thread: POC for Ark State Parks

Phantom_491 Guest

POC for Ark State Parks

Does anyone know a good contact for Ark State Parks for geocaching issues? We're trying to put together an agenda for the event in Aug and thought this might be a good idea for a guet speaker.

I'll call my contact at Devils Den to see who we need to get.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

LongDogs Guest

Contact

I would start with Sandy Burch. Sandy (and Greg Butts, State Parks Director) are who I worked with when we were working on getting geocaching approved in the state parks.

Sandy Burch
    Arkansas State Parks
    Phone: (501) 682-6918
    Fax: (501) 682-1364
    Sandy.Burch@mail.state.ar.us
    http://www.arkansasstateparks.com

You might also consider Randy Frasier (Superintendent) or Richard Ates (Ranger) at Pinnacle Mtn State Park. You can email Randy at:
    Randy.Frazier@mail.state.ar.us

GEO Guest
    In Missouri like Arkansas you contact the Park itself,or the Superintendant of that Park and go from there.Each State Park has it's directives from very little to a lot that has to be done.
    So in your case contact the specific State Park Superintendant.

If you want the Policy I think I can go back and see if I can find it.It has been a while since the First policy meeting we had in Little Rock to get it up and going.
    If you need it let me know.

I have the Contact for Petit Jean.

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Re: Contact

Quote Originally Posted by LongDogs
    I would start with Sandy Burch. Sandy (and Greg Butts, State Parks Director) are who I worked with when we were working on getting geocaching approved in the state parks.

Sandy Burch
    Arkansas State Parks
    Phone: (501) 682-6918
    Fax: (501) 682-1364
    Sandy.Burch@mail.state.ar.us
    http://www.arkansasstateparks.com

You might also consider Randy Frasier (Superintendent) or Richard Ates (Ranger) at Pinnacle Mtn State Park. You can email Randy at:
    Randy.Frazier@mail.state.ar.us
    If the @mail.state.ar.us doesn't work try changing it to @arkansas.gov. Many, if not all of those have been changed.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by GEO
    If you want the Policy I think I can go back and see if I can find it.It has been a while since the First policy meeting we had in Little Rock to get it up and going. If you need it let me know.
    By the way, for those of you interested, the original Arkansas State Parks directive and forms for placing a cache in a state park can be found in the Downloads section of this web site.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Phantom_491 Guest

Ark State Park POC

Thanks for all the responses. I am helping Grandkid38 out by trying to get a speaker from Ark State Parks to come to the event to discuss caching in the parks. Similar to what Barb Wilson (I think) did at the OMG event last month about caching in the Mo State Parks.

I have emailed Info@arkansasstateparks.com , and am waiting for a response.