Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evil Geocacher?

flannelman Guest
    Happened to me now, but it was an evil muggler instead.

Archived two caches because of it and now I'm bummed.

Team_Pink Guest
    Did you find out who was responsible?

flannelman Guest
    Ya, it was a camper that was camped next to the cache location. He was extremely rude to the last person to log a find on my cache. He chunked it into the lake after they left. This guy is one of those that basically lives in the camp grounds. They only move when the core kicks them out of the area. I suspect that they are up to no good as well. They acted extremely paranoid when I came up to ask about the cache. The guy was very belligerant when I asked him about it too. He said that a lot of poeple had been bothering him whill playing their little game or whatever. There have only been two people that have logged finds on the cache. The first on Wednesday (there were no campers there then), and the second Thursday (when the guy complained about being bothered so much).
    I think that they are living out of their car and that they are up to no good. This guy started quoting forrest service regs saying that what we are doing is illegal. He was so full of CARP!! He didn't have a clue about what he was talking about.
    I archived the other cache because it was close to another camp area and I didn't want anyone to have a chance to go through anything like this again. I think that I will stick with deepwoods caches from now on.