Thread: South East Arkansas Geocachers ?

mountainborn Guest

South East Arkansas Geocachers ?

When viewing the Arkansas geocachers FRAPPR Map, all the listings aew in the North West part of the state. The rest of the state is blank !
    Here is the link:
    http://www.frappr.com/arkansasgeocachers

NatureFish Guest

Meet & Greet

It has been my experience that socialization with other cachers is often as fun and important as geocaching itself.

When I host meetings I intentionally choose the road less traveled - areas where geocaching is in its infancy.

Host a Meet & Greet event in those areas - have everybody bring a dish, meet at a park and have a meal. Have someone give a [short!] presentation on land-use policy or paperless caching.

Invite local church groups, especially classes of young marrieds, and the local Boy Scout troops.

Hide a few Pocket Caches for newcomers to find. Give away caches for local attendees to keep and hide in that area!

It costs practically nothing, and soon after you will see a rise in geocaching activity in that area!

It helps everyone - more caches, more cachers, more friends, more events, better hides will come of it, the rules and area practices become known... everybody wins!

Ed