Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ark - alabama event - are there problems?

grandkid44 Guest

ark - alabama event - are there problems?

This event is almost here , and unless I'm missing one, there are only 14 positive responders , not all those certain . I'm not sponsoring this event , but if I were I'd be a little nervous . We have been asked for suggestions ; so far there has'nt been a lot of input .
    There have been 177 hits on the event from this site , so it has been looked over. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun ; I have not discussed this with Nature Fish ; I am concerned and wonder what's happening . Sadly , once again , all I have is questions and no answers .
    If you are not planning to attend would you mind supplying some comments:
    1. It's unlikely I could ever make a week - end event ?
    2. March is too cold for a campout ?
    3. I don't like camping .?
    4. There were no rooms available.
    5. Too costly ?
    6. Not enough details published about the event?
    7. Too close to spring break and we already had plans?
    8. I saw that grandkid38 is attending and he's too ugly to be around.
    9. Too many details published.
    10. I don't like Petit Jean area.
    11. And many other reasons , comments, are possible..all of us that will have or have had events learn from your input.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    I could not truthfully make a comment. You failed to provide an "All of the above" option.

Geezer

NatureFish Guest

Event

Yes, I am watching, and yes, I am excited!

I will have a ball if just one person shows up!

You will find that I am the most laid-back, non-political and undemanding fella you are ever likely to meet - you won't hurt my feelings by not attending! On the other hand those who do attend will meet a new friend, but still won't have an 'in' with 'the powers that be' - I don't play that way!

As info, I must say that I have recieved many courteous notes from those coming and those who are not, with those who are not expressing regret that they can't.

Overall a very positive experience so far and one I look forward to!

Please understand clearly that it is a geocacher-to-geocacher invitation - it will not affect your standing or relationship with me as your Reviewer no matter what!

I want no one to come thinking they 'need' to because it's hosted by a Reviewer!

I haven't made a lot of plans around the event because I firmly believe in the saying "Man plans, God laughs" and so tend to act rather on the spur of the moment - we'll get there, something will happen, it will be fun - that's the extent of my planning!

Ed

CacheScouts Guest
    I would like to attend, just too soon for me to commit.

grandkid44 Guest
    Thats cool . Makes me want to be there even more.

flannelman Guest
    Well I haven't said anything because I'm not sure if I can go yet. If I do it probably won't be for overnight. I do live close enough that I could come up for the event and go back home at night. At least I could get to meet some of you and have a good time.

I'll know a little more as the date nears.

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Re: Event

Quote Originally Posted by NatureFish
    ...I firmly believe in the saying "Man plans, God laughs"...
    I never heard it put just like that. That's good!

I posted my plans to attend on the event cache page today. I hope God's laugh is just a little chuckle---not a bent over double belly laugh.

Geezer

Team_Pink Guest

I have a problem

Why does Microsoft S&T say Petit Jean Mountain is 45 miles like the crow flies from Petit Jean Mountain State park? Is that right or is MS S&T hosed?

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    There are two Petit Jean Mountains. The other one is on out west and 45 miles sounds about right. I haven't got time to look it up right now but I can give more specific information tomorrow. It seems like there is a cache on the other Petit Jean also.

Geezer

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    I looked up the "other" Petit Jean Mountain and it is about 12 miles south of Booneville and about 45 miles west of Petit Jean State Park. On it you can find this cache: The Gnome of Petit Jean Mountain - GCHW49.

Geezer