Thread: Cache Maintaince

cachemates Guest

Cache Maintaince

We wanted to go to the "Who's That in Northwest Arkansas" Event today but just couldn't make it. So instead we did a little cache maintaince on one of our caches in Hot Springs.
    rklmbl was the last to find our End Of The Road cache and in their log as well as other cachers logs including Geezer Veazey, they mentioned the decoy cache. We had no idea what they were talking about. I give rklmbl a call and mbl explains to me what the decoy is and where it is located.
    When we got there and replaced the log in the "Real" cache I spotted the decoy. It says. This is not the real cache. "Close but no cigar" We had to laugh a little at that. At first we thought Yea I know who was behind this. It was either mountainborn or Grandkid 38 but after checking the logs neither of them had found the cache. We have no idea who placed it there and it seems to add to the fun of looking. You think you have found it, but no, thats not it.
    So, to who ever placed the decoy cache. Thanks.
    We should have done that on one of the Griswold caches.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    When I saw that "Close but no cigar" container I figured you had put it there and was considering you a real genius. I guess I'll have to reconsider. It did add interest to the cache site. I'll bet if you had a way of knowing who all had that cache on their watch list you could figure out who left it there.

I think I'll fix up one to leave at someone's cache.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Whoops! After posting the above message I went to the cache page and discovered that I was 1 of 1 users watching the cache. So much for that idea - it sure wasn't me.

One of the joys of being a premium user is having an unlimited number of caches on your watch list. Anytime I see a cache with an unusual twist that I think will generate interesting log entries I put it on my watch list. So every day I get several emails with lot's of interesting reading.

cachemates Guest
    Geezer, I didn't think it was you, because you and I had talked about this cache before. I have an idea who it was but it is just that, an idea.