Thread: Treo 650/700 with tom tom gps

mountainborn Guest

Treo 650/700 with tom tom gps

Any body running this set up ?
    I wonder how well it works and how user friendly it is.
    Here is a link to the page:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...FRNkLAodzVXNjQ

nonnipoppy Guest
    I have a friend here who uses some kind of GPs hookup with his Treo. I did not think it was Tom Tom but will ask when I see him again. He does not use it for caching just a gadget guy........poppy

mountainborn Guest
    Thanks, I am very intrested in a setup that will compact all the caching gear somewhat.

thats cool I'll have to look more into it
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

nonnipoppy Guest
    I currently use a Kyocera 7135 Smart Phone that has the Palm OS. The screen on it is quite a bit smaller than the screen on the Palm that we use for caching. It is MUCH more Palm than phone.

We use a Palm Tungsten and a Garmin 60 CS. That allows us to do everything we want except log the cache. That is still done at a PC or laptop. I don't know how much more compact we could get.....poppy

mountainborn Guest

Found this on the web:

Found this article on the web:

While I have looked at both the simple powered mount, and the gps mount, I am only going to address the former because, after spending endless hours sitting in my driveway with the motor running, I have been unable to get my TomTom5 software to see the GPS in the Arkon mount. I have tried every setting TomTom5 has to offer, from the TomTom wired GPS, to the generic wired GPS, and every speed configuration possible. Arkon's instructions tell you to make sure to set your map software to ComPort 1, but TomTom doesn't seem to offer this option anywhere that I could find. If a software solution presents itself that I have somehow missed, I promise an update.

The Arkon Powered Mount is a suction type device that mounts to your car's windshield. I must say, it stays where you put it, although it has a lever to release the suction, and is not difficult to move should you change your mind. There is a flexible gooseneck that extends approximately eight inches from the suction end. The length combined with the flexibility should give you adequate room, whether you drive an SUV or a sub compact.