Thread: Preparing to trek in SW-ARK...

arkyartist Guest

Preparing to trek in SW-ARK...

HI! I'm brand-new and raring to go geocaching!

I've threatened to do this sport for a couple of years now- but, always found it easier to just watch the Travel Channel instead! Since having joined the UAMS weight-loss program have given myself the challenge to get out and do more activity... so what better sport than this? May just motivate certain family members to get off their duffs and go see what I'm finding, too!

Sadly-- I assumed that there would be a plethora of caches located in and around Clark County. Alas... not near the quantity I'd expected; nor, does it seem that there are many cachers in these parts. What's up with THAT? I'd have figured there would be all kinds of hikers, bikers & techno-savvy individuals locally.

Any suggestions on low-impact and/or handicap accesible trails to cache would be greatly appreciated. In other words-- though I've been to Winding Staircase in the past- that is not an option at this point.

Thanks-

~S

cachemates Guest
    Hi arkyartist
    It is good to see a new geocacher down in the sw part of the state. We live at Glenwood, no that far from Arkaldephia. We have two caches near you at De Gray State Park, though they are not wheel chair accessible the trails are good. We have two caches at the Crater Of Diamonds, one is on a concrete trail all the way to the Little Missouri River. The other trail is not paved but very flat and easy to travel.
    I see you have been to Winding Stairs in the past. A very pretty place but kind of hard to get to. If we can be of any help to you just let us know. Maybe we can get others in this area interested. We have tried but so far not much interest. They just don't know what they are missing.
    Jerry

mountainborn Guest
    Welcome arkyartist !
    I live in Vandervoort.