Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paved trails open to bicycles

mountainborn Guest

Paved trails open to bicycles

I know of the Clarksville Spadra Trail and the Texarkana Nix Creek Trail. Both of these have great caches along them.
    Is there a listing of such trails with caches some where ?
    Yeh, our Jeep has a bicycle rack on the back.
    Not those multi speed terrain ripin' flame snorters, but full fendered ol' folks beach cruisers.
    Any input appreciated.

Great question. I've been wondering about this, too. In fact, just last weekend, I got the old mountain bike out of the shed and got it back in working order. Plan to try to do more cycling soon.

Don't know if this is exactly what you had in mind, but there is a paved bike trail in Conway. It's only about 1.5 miles right now, but I've heard that there are plans to lengthen it and add more trails in the near future. So far, only one cache on it, though...

Does anyone know how long Spadra trail is?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

mountainborn Guest
    I used google earth to find the dogwood springs trail in siloam springs. It has a couple of caches on it.
    The Nix creek trail in texarkana is 2 1/2 miles long.

cachemates Guest
    mountainborn, the crater of diamonds has the perfect trail for us old folks. It is 1/2 mile and down hill all the way.

mountainborn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachemates
    mountainborn, the crater of diamonds has the perfect trail for us old folks. It is 1/2 mile and down hill all the way.
    Is it open to bicycles ? I can't remember.

cachemates Guest
    We have seen lots of bikes on the trail, but to answer your question I'm not sure. I will check.

Mountainborn, Searcy has a 4.8 mile paved bike/walking trail that extends from the Southeast part of the city to the Northwest part. It currently has 3 caches along the trail and a 4th cache about 200 feet off the trail in a park that the trail passes through. I have been reluctant to place more caches along the trail because they would be long walks from parking areas. However, I would be more than happy to place several more if there is an interest in doing them on a bike.

mountainborn Guest
    I brought Searcy up on Google Earth, but can't identify the trail, could you list some cache #'s, or names please ?
    I am using Google Earth with the KLM patch applied to it that shows the caches imposed on it.
    I also looked in Searcy recreation listings without results.

A cache near the Southeast end of the trail is GCK2KA. Going north from there is GCK2KW, GCJKKA(the one in the park), and then GCRPX3 is about 2/3 of the way through. There is also another cache, GCKHDK, that is only about 1/4 mile from the starting point. Hope this helps.

mountainborn Guest
    Thanks I am looking on Google Earth now.