View Poll Results: Should the online status of all users be available to view?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like to see who is online when I am.

8 88.89%
  • No, I don't think this features is needed.

1 11.11%

Thread: Who's Online

LadyEngineer Guest

Who's Online

A question has been raised on if we could turn off the feature that allows other members to see who is currently online under the Who's Online section on the left hand side of the screen.

You will notice, at the moment, that the feature is in deed off, so yes we can. The question I have for the users of this site is weither or not that is what the group would like be done?

You have the option in your profile to turn this feature off or on for you personally (meaning, your status will not be shown, but you will still be able to view others) but should we turn this feature off for the whole group? Please answer the poll and provide any comments you have reguarding this issue.

You need a third option for "indifferent"

If the feature is there and isn't causing a problem, why not use it, but it isn't anything I "need."

AR_kayaker

Phantom_491 Guest
    While I don't think the feature is 'Needed', I do like to see who's online when I am. It doesn't matter to me if anyone knows that I am on the website or not. It's not like they can tell how often or for how long I am on the site (Once or twice a day, and a few minutes).

I also think it's cool to see who's on when a certain mouse makes it's appearance. Mainly to see check out the possible competition.