Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Meet Alabama Campout - GCT912

mountainborn Guest
    Nature_fish said:
    Yes, brown or heavily colored sealed envelopes so players can't see through them (regular postal security envelopes are opague and can be seen through).
    >
    I have seen playing cards cut in half then stapled into a grocery store paper bag. But those are becoming scarce these days !

NatureFish Guest

Diamond

This morning the Today Show valued a diamond found by a visitor to an Arkansas park at between $15-60K.

Y'all got diamonds laying around on the ground and you're out chasing geocaches??

That's some dedicated geocachers! Can't wait to meet y'all!

Next event we're changing parks, though!

Team_Pink Guest
    In the numbers world, I'll take my chances on ammo cans! Ammo cans at the diamond park is even better!

NatureFish Guest

Numbers

Yeah, I think they said you would have to process something like 16 million tons of dirt to get that one diamond - that's a lot of DNFs!

Team_Pink Guest
    In the words of the infamous Frank Barone, "Holy Crap!"

New caches in Petit Jean Park

I just finished entering the reports for 9 new caches in Petit Jean State Park. I received the park permits today. I've asked Ed (Nature Fish) to release the new listings on Friday morning. Keep a watch out for them! Warning! They all involve a hike, some short, some long! Also, I have 3 more I need to place, which I hope to do Friday morning and get the permits approved, so they'll be up by Saturday morning! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    WOW! Double WOW WOW!!!Nine new caches and three more to come. You da Man! I'll be putting out the Poker Run caches tomorrow and Friday. This will give the event participants a good tour of the Park.

NatureFish Guest

Arrived

Good Morning!

I'm at a Flying J truck stop somewhere 30 miles or so from the park, should be there around 9 a.m.

Call me if you want to meet. 205-914-6814 You can't miss me, I am driving a bright red custom-built Suburban Dualie.

Also, in case cellular doesn't work at the park, I am monitoring 146.52 ham, Ch. 19 CB and Ch 7 FRS/GMRS radios.

Ed

Team_Pink Guest
    I'm curious how you are posting from "a Flying J truck stop somewhere 30 miles or so from the park"!

They have a hot spot at the Truck Stop?

NatureFish Guest

WiFi

Yes, almost all the large chain truck stops have wifi.

Petro, TA and Flying J have all been bought by the same company, so an account with one will connect at any. There is a cost at these locations, I pay $19.95/mo for unlimited access anywhere in North or Central America.

Krystal Hamburgers, Panera Bread stores and thousands of other businesses offer free WiFi access; Google the word 'wifi' and your zip code to get a list near you.

Ed