Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/5 Attempt

chili36 Guest

5/5 Attempt

There is a 5/5 cache in the Mark Twain NF in SE Missouri. I am planning a trip to attempt this one in late September or early October (as soon as the weather will be a little easier on backpacking). If there are any backpackers here that want to attempt this one, it will be an open trip. One night near the trailhead, two days hiking (about 15 miles) and one night near the 11pt River.

RuffRidr Guest
    What is the name of this cache?

--RuffRidr

chili36 Guest
    I guess that would help. This is it.

Myotis 100 (Irish Wilderness) Cache
    by Myotis [profile]

N 36° 45.929 W 091° 08.120 (WGS84)
    UTM: 15S E 666427 N 4070478
    or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

Click icon to download:

Read about waypoint downloads

In Missouri, United States [view map]
    Hidden: 5/18/2003
    Use waypoint: GCG4TT

I've read about that one it looks awsome but my ankles will not hold up for something like that unless I was on a mtn bike.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Phantom_491 Guest

5/5

I'll pencil this in. Let me know a firm date and I'll see what I can do. We also need a good time and place to meet. I'm thinking Mamoth Springs State Park Visitors Center. Let me know!

rock_hound Guest
    I usually take a backpacking vacation around this time year. This cache sounds very interesting. I have been wanting to try a 5/5 since reading the Todays Cacher article Terain=5. I would be interested in joining the group.

chili36 Guest
    I have this scheduled for the first weekend in October. I either have to do it the first weekend in October or the last weekend in October as I have a couple other bp trips planned.

Weather should be somewhat milder on the first weekend.

Current plans are to meet at the trailhead on Friday evening/night. I can get the directions out to everyone closer to October when we have a firm count on who wants to go.

rock_hound Guest
    The cache owner emailed me his mapsource file for the trail. I could not get it to download. If anyone wants it let me know.

chili36 Guest
    Send it to me at chili_36@yahoo.com and let me see what I can do with it.

This sounds like a great cache but I don't think I quite have the map and compass skills to attempt this one just yet. Good luck to anyone who tries this one. I will have to learn to use a compass and brush up on my map skills. If anyone knows of any good websites that could help me out please let me know.