Thread: Caching territory

flannelman Guest

Caching territory

Do you feel like you have your own territory for caching. Kind of like your turf. I will hunt caches just about anywhere in the state (going after the closest fist). But I feel like I have my own turf when it comes to placing caches. I have only placed two so far but I have three more in works to put in my turf. I guess it kinda makes sense to have a range that you are willing to have caches in in order to do maintainence on them.
    My turf so far is hwy 298 that runs east/west along the north shore of lake Ouachita. Where is your turf? Or what would you you consider your home cache placement area?

Out "Turf" is the Russellville - London area, but we are happy to share it with others . We don't want them too far away so we can quickly check on them if there is a problem.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

cachemates Guest
    Our turf is open to any and all who wish to place caches. It just give us caches closer to home to find. We started out placing caches around Lake Greeson. We soon found out if we wanted more people to find our caches we would have to go where more people usually go. So we moved some to Hot Springs and more cachers started finding them. More logs to read.
    So we would welcome Flannelman and others to places caches in Hot Springs or even Glenwood. The more the better. We have caches near Arkadelphia and one at Malvern. That is about as far out as we want to go. Too hard to maintain.

Since I live in Russellville and work in Little Rock I have caches in both areas. I also have some down toward Hot Springs but I don't feel they are too far away for me to maintain. I think as long as a person is willing to maintain their caches and respond to problems with them in a reasonable amount of time it is OK for them to place caches in any area. I have some plans to hide quite a few caches in the near future but they are close to a few other caches hidden by some other cachers. I will probably email those cache owners first to see if they are planning to hide any more so that I don't mess up their plans.

flannelman Guest
    Good responses so far. I don't want to exclude anyone from placing caches in my "turf", that just makes it easier for me to be FTF!

I got started caching because Team Panda had placed a couple of caches up here with the idea of seeding this side of the lake. Since I live up here it is real easy for me to maintain caches here. I have several places picked out for caches I just haven't had time to get them all out. I also have a guy that wants me to help him put out a cache up here.
    I'm not real sure where I'm going with this tread but we'll see what happens.

NatureFish Guest

Turf

Post edited and moved to the Ask Your Reviewer thread, subject title 'Caching Territory and Cache Hide Review'