Thread: Help needed for the code challenged

nonnipoppy Guest

Help needed for the code challenged

I have seen that there is a way to take a like like this:

http://home.centurytel.net/joslinfamily ... eocoin.htm

and make it so that all that is seen is a word, like this or here (BTW these don't work).

Now since we have never been mistaken for a rocket scientist we are lost on how this is done. Can an old dumb guy get some help?....poppy

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I remember seeing the code "Poppy" but can’t remember where. I guess that may be the result of having matching shoe size and IQ, although at first I thought that was soooo cool. (does anyone know where my socks are?)
    There are many on here who are good at that sort of thing (we are blessed aren’t we) so let’s just keep bumping this up until one of them finds this thread. (does anyone know where my copy key is just incase?)

But until then try this. (I hope it works)Replace star with brackets as in other BBcodes.
    *url=http://Insert ww.link.com here/]the name here[/url]
    your link above would look like this:
    GeoCoin Design

BPnJ has got it. Here's another example. Let's say you want to make a link to http://www.PoppyLearnsToLink.com and you want the visible text to be "Here's a link". This would be the BBcode you would type:

Here's a link

By the way, I use a plug-in for Firefox broswer called BBCode that makes all this very easy. Using the plug-in, I can just select the text I want, then right click to get a menu of things such as "Add a Smiley", "Bold", "Underline", "Quote", etc. I can also add a link with text, as described above, without having to remember all that stuff or type it....

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

nonnipoppy Guest
    I believe that following these examples even I might be able to link.

In other matters BPNJ the only BB code I ever heard was Daisy.

And Gaddiel is the SPCA aware that you are plugging in a fox that was already afire?

Thanks for the help....poppy

mountainborn Guest
    Cookies, Cookies, that is the way to go.
    I usually check the forums daily and it is seldom that I have to type in the security code.
    I just stay logged in all the time.

cachecrazies Guest
    Back in the "good old days", Poppy, when we used HTML it was like this:

the brackets [ ] enclosed anything that you DIDN'T want to show (like the url, font color, font size, etc.,

while anything between the brackets DID show (the name, the actual web site, any cute thing you want to put, etc.);

and the slash in the brackets [/] meant to end whatever you had wanted to link to or how you wanted it to look (url, font size, color, etc.)

'course I don't know anything about this new-fangled JAVA and BBC. Guess I gotta go back to school! HA! Firefox and the plug-ins sound fantastic. I keep meaning to check them out but, duh, haven't gotten around to it yet!

You've already gotten terrific advise - but if you're like me you like to know what and why it works like this!