Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honoring Arkansas Geocachers

Wow, this is such a sweet opportunity for us! Thanks, Fishie!

My nominations not in order of anything:

* golfnutz - excellent hides, encourages caching in his community with his business' discount and his hides and his events and HE PUTS UP WITH POPPY!
    * nonnipoppy - excellent hides, mean hints, available to all. willingness to help get state organization off the ground
    * cachecrazies - excellent hides, very supportive of cachers and takes a personal interest that all will succeed
    * cachemates aka jerry, bonnie, abby - has excellent hides and has helped blaze a path into southwest AR in a huge way, has offered their talents by giving out some very awesome cache containers as door prizes at events
    * backpacknjack - $$$$ mouse, has helped smooth over a few thousand ruffled people along the way, and he's just plain nice (& funny)
    * woodwalker9 - has placed well thought out caches, mean caches, hard caches, educational caches, is available to absolutely anyone to help, educated me and markrocks in micro-ology with his Around Town series, befriended us, loved my son, and has been there for me
    * and I know this is no. 7, but gaddiel&orangedanish&their "lil one" - excellent hides, excellent promotion of the sport as a family activity & all around just plain nice people

Thanks!
    topkitty98 & always, forever, markrocksinheavennow
    >^..^<

icecreamman Guest
    I have to nominate the cachecrazies. Whenever I here the word geocaching I think of them. They have done so much for caching in north Arkansas. As already stated, they are the reason that caches are in the Corp of Engineer Parks, in that area of the state.

Also Long Dogs and Gaddiel. For their work on the web site and within the Arkansas Geocachers Association.

I believe Backpacknjack should be nominated just because of his Mouse game. I have never chased the Mouse but I believe it has added a new sense of adventure to the game.

Some may believe this is wrong for me to do but I would also nominate Woodwalker9. He is the one who got me started caching. He is a great cache hunter and a great cach hider and I know he has helped several cachers, find caches, when they needed a hint.

There a lot of others who I know have done a lot to help promote geocaching. Wish they could all win awards. Nonnipoppy, Golfnutz, TopKitty, Grandkid38 just to name a few. Congratulations to whoever wins. You deserve it.

cachecrazies Guest
    We echo the sentiments of many others - it's really hard to list names when there are so many wonderful people and geocachers in our state. And the fear of leaving someone out that deserves to be recognized is uppermost in our minds. Not for one minute would we hurt anyone's feelings - almost to the point of not posting to this thread. But we felt that in fairness to some of the really fine people here that we would offer (or re-suggest mostly) names that come to mind. Our list includes some for their "behind the scenes" support to all other geocachers. With that - we'll list a few of the MANY cachers that deserve this honor.

Golfnutz: You can't think of Clarksville, or caching, or events - without thinking about Golfnutz! Another team - as in nonnipoppy that you just think of as an "entity"! They go way beyond your wildest expectations both in the caches they place and the events they sponsor!

nonnipoppy: You simply can't think of Arkansas geocaching without thinking of nonnipoppy. In every way possible they lead the pack. Caches found - incredible! Caches hidden - amazing! Fellowship and events - PRICELESS!

Woodwalker9: Every cache he places has a reason - something to call your attention to, a reason for visiting that area. His caches in Searcy make you love the whole town and make you mutter under your breath at the devious hider. Even more than that, he has got to be one of the most caring individuals to join geocaching. As seen by his tributes to Markrocks, he has a heart bigger than the world and eagerly helps when and wherever needed. At the events we've given, WW9 is a superstar at talking to new (or potential) cachers and has persuaded more than one to try out our game! And at over 1000 cache finds - who could doubt his geocaching experience and expertise?

BackPackingJack: The same caring, personable qualities given to WW9 above most definately apply to BPNJ also. Underneath his happy go lucky persona beats a heart of gold! For no other reason than to add to other's enjoyment, he introduced the Mouse game and not only gives extra hours of enjoyment to cachers but also has dipped deeply into his own pockets to provide rewards! Also, let's not forget his donation of the "Money Mouse" jackpot to Katrina victims! The cache's he's placed are always well thought out and well planned as well as fun and exciting!

Cachemates: It would be a 5/5 to find nicer people or geocachers than these guys! They are always plotting and planning on what nice things they can do for someone! And carry it off without a hitch! The incredible time and work that Jerry puts into his ammo cans only to give them away is awesome!

Gaddiel: Probably his most obvious accomplishment is this web site. Only thinking about the hours he must put in here makes us tired! But anyone who's looked for his caches or been fortunate enough to go caching with him (& Orange Danish) can assure you that they are terrific geocachers with great hides and fantastic people to be with on a cache hunt! Their CITO event was wonderfully organized and lots of fun.

"The List" could continue on and on - Long Dogs (who arranges for us to be discussing this topic), Old River Runner, Geezer Veazey, Rhone, topkitty98, SpankytheWizard and many, many others!

We're glad that NatureFish is making this decision. It would be impossible for us!

cachemates Guest
    Listing six geocachers who has helped to promote geocaching in Arkansas will be easy. Listing only six will be the hard part. We may go over six. Glad we're not having to make the final decision.

Backpacknjack
    The founder of the MoneyMouse game. This game has added a lot of fun for the cachers who has played it. All the expenses paid for by BPNJ. He always took the mouse to somewhere of interest. BPNJ has been a great help to Geocaching in Arkansas. Thanks for the Mouse Hunt Jack.

Cachecrazies
    This is as nice of couple as you will meet. We had a wonderful time at the Jake's Event last fall. When you think of Geocaching in the Northern part of the state this is who you think of. Great cachers and they have some of the best caches. We loved their down on the town square "Memorial Cache". They have certainly been a +++++++++ for geocaching in Arkansas.

Grandkid 38
    Hosted the Burns Park Event. This is where we met most of the Arkansas cachers for the first time. He has placed so many caches in Burns Park it is now a cachers paradise. He was the first cacher we ever met. We met him at one of his caches in the Ouachita Mountains. He has several caches in that area also. We had a great time caching in the Arkansas OutBack with Grandkid, his Wife and Parrot. Fun Day.

Golfnutz and Nonnipoppy
    Geocaching in Arkansas just wouldn't be where it is today without Nonnipoppy and Golfnutz. They have placed some of the best caches in Arkansas. They have any kind of cache you want to look for. From the easy to find to the impossible. Both of these cachers have been helpful to us more than once. Their Events are something special. We look forward to the one in April.

Woodwalker9
    This is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Always greets you with a smile and a positive attitude. Has some of the best caches around. Works hard to promote geocaching where ever he goes, and he is all over the state finding caches. A Super Cacher.

Topkitty
    This is a MoneyMouse hunting Kitty that is hard to keep from getting to the mouse. Twice we have met her on the trail of that BPNJ mouse game. A great cacher with some Dynamite caches of her own.

Lady Engineer
    Everyone know LE has helped the Arkansas Geocachers in any way she could. Has some great caches in the Cabot area. Helped with the Burns Park Event, On the Arkansas Geocachers Committee. Always ready to lend a helping hand.

Mountainborn
    Has helped geocaching in our part of the state by placing a series of caches in the Brushy Creek area south of Mena. In the Arkansas Outback of Polk County.He has introduced several new cachers to his area. Geocaching has not caught on down here like it has in other parts of the state, but mountainborn is working on changing that. A great guy with some outstanding caches.

Here are some others I feel should not be left out.
    Gaddiel & OrangeDanish
    Longdogs
    Old River Runner
    Arkansas Stickerdude
    The famous Griswold Family
    Geezer & Deezer
    RKLMBL
    All of these people have helped geocaching in Arkansas. There are many others that wasn't listed.

Team_Pink Guest
    I'm not qualified to "sit at the grownup table" as someone said the other day and I've not been around long enough to know very many of the fine people whose names I see in Geocaching related ways. Here though is a list that if nothing else, is to show my appreciation of their contributions that I am aware of - like that nano container at Circa1928 cachecrazies!

So my nominations would be :

cachecrazies - creativity
    Woodwalker9 - one of the most positve people I know.
    golfnutz - giving discounts to sleepy geocachers!
    nonnipoppy - From reading the forums, are big contributors
    cachemates - From reading the forums, are big contributors
    backpacknjack - From reading the forums, are big contributors

5beavers Guest
    We are starting our second year of caching, and it has been a great hobby for the whole family! We have meet a lot of great people at the events. We went to the J.A.K.E.S. event and had the best time there. The kids had lots to do, and we did too, meeting fellow cachers. I do not know how to express our gratitude, so we would like to nominate cachecrazies. Their many caches in the area made for one of our best days caching. We will always carry fond memories of this day and the event.
    Another member of the caching community who is the one of the nicest and most humble people that we have had the honor of meeting is woodwalker9. He has caused us some grief but in the end his caches give us great enjoyment. His imagination and creative skills add much the caching community. His caches are always informative and showcase the area in which they are placed. Caching would not be the same in Arkansas without woodwalker9.
    I would also like to mention for his efforts in filling Burns park with so many kid freindly caches, grandkid38. We have spent many afternoons seeking his caches and would like to thank him for his efforts. With his efforts and many others Burns park is becoming a Mecca for caching.
    We would like to thank everyone whos caches that we have found and the many that we have not. We see cachers more than some of our own family, and they make a great extended family that we are happy to be in.