Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate items in caches

Phantom_491 Guest

Inappropriate items in caches

I don't know about the rest of you but here recently some of the caches I've visited had inappropriate items in them. I don't know if this is because the cachers who placed the item in the cache didn't know that these items should not be placed in a cache or they just didn't care. If I see an item that I think is inappropriate I take that item out and replcae it with something more appropriate.

Some of the items I've pulled out of caches are: Box of matches, Box Cutter, Sunflower Seeds.

These are all either dangerous if they fall into some of our Lil Cachers hands, or inappropriate due to Ani-muggling (Animals smelling food in cache and attacking/destroying it to get to the food){Is Ani-Muggling a new word?!?}

OK I think I'll step off the soap box now.

LOL! I seem to have started a similar thread about the same time as you posted this one. I guess we were on the same wavelength. Didn't mean to invade your territory. I'll post in your thread if you'll post in mine...

I guess the most inappropriate thing we've found would be box-cutter. Cool tool, but probably not appropriate for a cache. Turns out that it was broken anyways.

We've also found several knives and multi-tools with a knife attachment, even though there are now specific geocaching.com guidelines that advise against putting them in caches.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    Well, I do think box-cutters are not wise in a cache. As for pocket knives or multi-tools, I think those are pretty cool. I think that most kids that go caching with adults are pretty responsible and most have probably had a pocket knife at some point in time. Heck, I remember when I was in school all the guys had pocket knives, now a days you would be threw out for carrying a weapon, come on..........

I have also found condoms and personal lubricants in caches, these things are for SURE uunappropriate!!!

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    LOL! I seem to have started a similar thread about the same time as you posted this one. I guess we were on the same wavelength. Didn't mean to invade your territory. I'll post in your thread if you'll post in mine...
    Your Thread deals with Strangest items, some of which are inappropriate. Mine deals with strickly inappropriate items. Unfortunately I haven't really found anything strange or unusual (other than a few cache containers up near Clarksville) just normal cache items and a few that should have been there.

These are similar but subtly different.

The only thing I've found is pocket knives and I agree with everyone else they are just cool.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

nonnipoppy Guest
    Last August we were caching in Colorado and found this cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...log=y&decrypt=

We also found a joint and what we thought was a crack pipe. The log had an entry something like " Janie and I climbed up here to do a doobie and found your stuff. Cool Dude"

Something happened to that stuff that day

When we found Hawksbill Crak there was a new pair of ladies underwear inside with a geocaching logo. I swear.

We also did see the Leopard panties near Visine last Jan. ...that's it poppy

At Visine when we went there was a pair of MIGHTY WHITIES hanging from a tree did Poppie loose these also? If so Poppie what are you doing while you are visiting the cache?
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachecrazies Guest
    We found some live ammo (rifle cartridges) in two of the Leatherwood caches.

Also like Poppy, we found some "ganja" in a senic bluff cache with a log saying that they were high and drunk when they found the cache - they loved the idea. We're glad they survived the hike!

Poppy, those Geocaching panties were floating around the northern AR & Southern MO area big time about a year ago. We found them in several cache sites but haven't seen any lately.

The most disgusting thing we've found is a used saftety "item" - didn't even try to sign the log on that one! Signed our name on a piece of paper & dropped it in the box!

The best thing we've ever found is a compass - ours. A year after we lost it, someone found it and placed it in a brand new cache nearby - and we happened to be the very next cachers to find the new cache. Absolutely amazing!

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    At Visine when we went there was a pair of MIGHTY WHITIES hanging from a tree did Poppie loose these also? If so Poppie what are you doing while you are visiting the cache?

If you read the first logs on Visine on the day of the Meet and Greet you will find references to the Leopard Print undies. Perhaps those Mighty Whiteys are the same pair just sun bleached. They couldn't be mine because.....well this is a family forum........poppy

Squirrel21309 Guest
    Im gonna have to agree with rusty and sticker dude, i dont realy see a problem in having pocket knifes in caches. I mean im 12 and i carry my pocket knifes around with me and kids cant drive till there 16 and at that age there responsibe enough to be able to carry pocket knifes. In my oppinion if a kid is caching with an adult they should see if what they are taking out is ok with the parent. which will prevent them from taking anything that they shouldnt.

~Squirrel21309~