Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .

mountainborn Guest

Only other thing I can think of is to try changing your baud rate and or NEMA settings on your GPSr. Not sure about Garmin units but I've been told that with the Magellan units, NEMA must be off to transfer waypoints.

I'm running out of ideas for you...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

mountainborn Guest

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Hadn’t seen an update on this lately so I thought maybe you had figured it out.
    I didn’t suspect you were just waiting for more hair to grow back so you could get back to work on it.
    I learned a few things while I was sick with the flu. Electronics and fever are like alcohol and cars and don’t mix well. I don’t know why I thought an increase in my brain temperature was just as good as an increase in my IQ..... but I did, and I deleted my maps, changed all my settings etc. so what I’m saying is I don’t have an answer for your problem but I DO have empathy for the hair pulling part. I quickly learned to just let GSAK
    clear the old waypoints before loading the new. Long tech support story from way back but I use com3 on all my PCs. Good luck to both of us.
    PS. Will anything else write to your Mag. GPSr, like maps etc. so you can eliminate the GPS and/or SDcard?
    PPS. I believe the baud rate for your mag gold should be 9600 but permission denied should have nothing to do with that.

mountainborn Guest

DOH! I knew that. I even HAD that problem myself!

Oh well, I guess during some of my own hair-pulling-out sessions, I must have pulled some brain out with them...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile