Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .

mountainborn Guest

mountainborn Guest

mountainborn Guest

mountainborn Guest

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I don’t know what program you are using so let me assume it is not GSAK. If it *is* GSAK then just stare at this little dot>>> . <<< until you have completely forgotten I just told you something you already knew.

Sorry to disappoint but I just can’t badmouth your Magellan.
    I have an HP Pavilion laptop, a HP iPAQ, a Magellan Meridian Gold, a Garmin GPS12, and 2 desktops that all....all....I say all use GSAK. One program that will work on, import from, export to, any of the above. It is even free if you don’t mind a nag screen, if you pay for it you can use the one license for all your copies on all your electronics.
    I just download the GPXzip to my desktop and drag it over to GSAK. Loading it to the SD card on my iPAQ was a chore until I found out I didn’t need all those programs like Spinner, Plucker, etc. and just loaded it as HTML (again using GSAK) and let IE open it. To go paperless using the files on my iPAQ I just click on Explorer and it opens up to the last file I was using, usually the Master Index so there is no program loaded (anymore)
    onto my iPAQ. I don’t have a palm but have been teased that it is even easier to use then the iPAQ.
    To load my GPSrs I just select either Mag. or Gar.

I too was young once and reveled in those things that were complicated and a challenge to the mind but now I revel in those things that play well with others and just let me daydream (like GSAK )

The short of it, or maybe just the way I see it, is Magellan good, Garmin good, Palm good, iPAQ good, GSAK play well with others so make Geocaching good.

mountainborn Guest

mountainborn Guest

My brother-in-law, RockHound, had a very similar experience with his Magellan SporTrak Pro recently. Turned out to be a bad cable. He tried to re-solder the GPS end, but it didn't help. I think he ended up ordering a new cable...

Do you have any other devices that you could try to use on that serial port?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

mountainborn Guest

As far as I can tell, the newest MS update should not affect this function in any way. Have you tried any other serial devices on that same port?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile