Thread: Anybody up to trying this? GCRRD0

Anybody up to trying this? GCRRD0

I would really like to try this new subscriber only cache - GCRRD0 - on Saturday but do not have my normal support group (i.e. my 21 yr old son) in town. This is a pretty hard looking cache and I was just wondering if there are any fellow cachers that are either brave enough or stupid enough to attempt this? It is 8:30 pm on Friday 12/30/05. I will be up for the next couple of hours and will check back here every 30 minutes or so to see if there are any takers. The are some other caches nearby but my stated goal is to find this one and return. If I have any time and strength left I will tackle some of the others in the area. I live about 2 1/2 hours from the starting point. Post a reply here or call me at 501-676-1008 so we can coordinate. Thanks, STW

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...&log=&numlogs=

Going, going....

It is 08:50 am and I am heading out doing some other stuff.

Anyone interested? Call me.....

Sunday and Monday are open for me too. Let me know if you would like to team up. I think it would be a very fun cache to do. I am just not going to venture out to an area like that alone.

Thanks, STW

When you go, please try to do the Denelle Falls nearby. I'd like to know what you think. We went this week and couldn't find it. Slate Falls sounds awesome, but our time off wears out too soon. It was a very long ride out there. I had never been in this area before and enjoyed it.
    Thanks,
    topkitty98
    >^..^<

I would be game and I have a cheat too get down the 2 mile log road.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

flannelman Guest
    That one looks awesome!! I would gladly go with if you haven't done it yet.

I'd certainly be game for this one. I'll eventually do it one way or the other, but it looks like one that would be best done with several cachers just in case someone runs into a problem. It would be more interesting to do this one after a significant rainfall in the area, so that some nice photos of the falls could be taken. Given the distance, perhaps some folks could meet along the way and share expenses.

Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend and won't be able to try this one yet. My original post was to see if we could get a group together to do a FTF on it when it was first activated. Now my motivation is to get together to just find the darn thing! STW

flannelman Guest
    As long as I have a few days notice in order to plan I could go for it any weekend that a group wants to go. I also live kinda on the way to the cache from cenral Arkansas so I could meet up with someone to carpool if interested. I think that this would be a great cache for a team event.

I think this would definately be a whole weekend type trip for me. Just getting to the trailhead would be something like a three hour drive.

Personally I'd drive up on a Friday night and spend all day Saturday caching in the area with this one as the main event.

ARkayaker