Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to the community

NatureFish Guest

Goodbye to the community

This is my last post to this community as your Groundspeak Volunteer Reviewer.

Due to recent controversies and wild scurrilous rumors, compounded by a mistake of judgement on my part, I have been relieved of my role as a Volunteer Reviewer.

Please do not flame Groundspeak, they had no choice, as I violated one of their most closely held rules for Reviewers and this is the price one pays.

I had a great time working with the wonderful folks in Arkansas and made some friends as well.

I do not know who will replace me, but ask that you give him or her as warm a welcome as I was given.

Those of you with emails sent to me to discuss geocaches and geocaching issues please wait till your new Reviewer is announced and address them to him.

Reviewing caches in Arkansas was a blast, and I hope that my actions benefitted this community.

Moderators, please close this NatureFish account immediately, I will open another under my player account, TheAlabamaRambler, to stay in touch with my Arkansas friends.

Thank you all.
    Ed Manley
    edmanley@bham.rr.com
    205-914-6814

flannelman Guest
    Hate to see ya go fish. It's been great working with ya. Hope to see ya caching here soon.

Team_Pink Guest
    This stinks!

I am glad I got to meet you and I hope to see you at an event or on the trail one of these days. Thanks for making yourself so available and so easy to work with as a reviewer. Your shoes will be hard to fill.

I only began geocaching in the last couple of months, but I have heard many good things about NatureFish. I too hope to meet you on the geocaching trail some day and thanks for all of your work in the geocaching community.

paris1time

cachecrazies Guest
    What an unhappy surprise this was!!

We'll really miss you and your great reviewing! We're also glad we got to meet you in person. Thank you for hosting the Alabama/Arkansas event and we enjoyed seeing you again at the Clarksville event in April.

We're glad you'll be staying in touch as the Alabama Rambler and sure we'll see you again!

MaxCacher Guest
    Sorry to see Ed go, he was a great help to the reviewing team, am back reviewing Arkansas again

please send questions and emails to MaxCacher@aol.com

Max Cacher
    Geocaching.com Volunteer Cache Reviewer // Moderator

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Ed, I'm sorry you won't be reviewing any more but I'm glad you will stay in touch. You've been an inspiration to me. Every time I think I'll go caching and then think no, I won't go today because my feet hurt, it seems I always think of you. God Bless You.

Guy

nonnipoppy Guest
    Now that just ain't right.

I write this with a heavy heart hoping that the pious members of the Almighty Church Of The Holier Than Thou are finally happy.

Ed here in Clarksville you are a well respected man and we feel that a travesty has been done. May God smile on all that you do.

Please stay in touch.......poppy

Ed,

Thanks for setting up the Petit Jean event and thanks for all your great work in helping us in here in The Natural State in our geocaching endeavors. It has been an honor to meet you and work with you. Please continue to be active in our state's geocaching events. You may no longer be my reviewer, but I will always consider you to be my friend.

ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ed you have inspired me, and I will never forget everything you have done for Arkansas and me. With all the STUFF going on in the other forums this GAME is starting to make me mad. I will not attend another MEGA event until all the gripping and moaning stops. Ed again I hope to make it your way very soon and I HATE TO HEAR the crap you have had to go through. Just like everyone else here I concider you a GREAT PERSON THAT HAS OVERCOME MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON AND A GREAT FRIEND. Keep in touch.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!