Thread: What Arkansas Section for a Good Day of Caching?

boogalloo Guest

What Arkansas Section for a Good Day of Caching?

Hi, all. My kids and I are new to this sport/hobby. We just bought our GPS Saturday and we've found 2 caches already: the I-30 Rest Area and Tram-Law.
    This is Spring Break and I'm thinking of taking off Friday and make it a Caching Day. But trying to decide where to go is hard.. We live in Glen Rose (off Exit 106 on I-30, between Benton and Malvern. Does anyone have any ideas of where we could go to make it a loop? I love to drive so distance is not a problem for me. TIA

Sandra

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Hello, Boogalloo. I'm in Morrilton but I have a daughter and son-in-law that live just down the road at Gifford Tram. Do you know where that is?

By all means, do not go to Little Rock/North Little Rock/Burns Park. You'll be swallowed up by the caches and never get to finish your loop. Now let me see---where is that tongue-in-cheek icon? Oh, there it is.

Seriously, the caches placed by Grandkid38 are real kid pleasers.

Geezer

flannelman Guest
    There is a good run of caches from Hot Springs West to Mt Ida along hwy 270/ From there you could loop around the North side of the lake to pick up a few more(mine included. shameless plug), or go South to the Glenwood area and then over to DeGray Lake. The Benton/Bryant area has a lot of quality caches as well. Or you could spend your whole day in Little Rock because there are many caches up there.

Enjoy your search wherever it may lead you.

boogalloo Guest
    Thanks for the help... We may do the Hot Springs run to Mt. Ida Friday, then do the Little Rock/North Little Rock/Burns Park run on Saturday. Happy Caching!

Sandra.

boogalloo Guest
    Well, we did one cache in Burns Park, yesterday.. We didn't bother to check the nearest caches, until we got home last night.. But we did almost all the Burns Park caches today. My daughter, my son, and I all had a great time together.
    We each have our own assignments: My son, Bryan, is the finder/navigator; My daughter, Leann, is the finder/photographer. I'm the logger on both the caches and our own journal.
    Bryan and I went to Lake Catherine Falls Branch Trail cache, late yesterday afternoon but we didn't find it as it got too dark to find.. We ended up walking out in the dark, with a flashlight of course. We're not giving up. We'll be back.

Sandra