Thread: BRYANT PARKS

Ltfightr Guest

BRYANT PARKS

The Arkansas meet and greet is at Mills Park in Bryant. The parks director called us this morning about our reservation. He stated that he wanted to learn to geocache and that he has found some of the caches in Mills Park. He also said may attend unless more likley he went deer hunting. He told us that we were welcome to place caches in all the parks in Bryant the more the merrier he said. He did ask that no cache be placed inside the nature area loop in Mills park. There is one cache in that areI have e-mailed the owner of this cache passing on the message that this cache need relocation and I have also given this information to the Arkansas reviewer Naturefish. So the the cache can be disabled. But I wanted to put it here so that everyone one know that Caches in the Parks of Bryant are welcome.

That's very encouraging news for Bryant! Thanks for the update.

We have a similar statement from the parks director here in Conway, thanks to the efforts of Rock_Hound. You guys are doing a great job presenting geocaching to the community!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

When I contacted the parks Dept in FOrt Smith they had allready known about Geocaching and LOVE it. The said we have full reign on the parks.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

So, is the city parks director the one to contact for permission? I have sent two emails to the Batesville mayor with copies to the parks director and as yet have no reply from either.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRedbug
    So, is the city parks director the one to contact for permission?
    In Searcy, I simply telephoned the parks department and they connected me with the right person. They were very encouraging and willing to help in any way. I'm not sure about Batesville, but if they have a listing for the parks department, I'd try giving them a call directly.

Hope you get some locations approved. Batesville has some great places for caches and I would love to see some new ones up there to hunt.

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Re: BRYANT PARKS

Quote Originally Posted by Ltfightr
    He did ask that no cache be placed inside the nature area loop in Mills park. There is one cache in that area I have e-mailed the owner of this cache passing on the message that this cache need relocation and I have also given this information to the Arkansas reviewer Naturefish. So the the cache can be disabled.
    I found this note posted to the Mills Park cache in question:

Hoping to get this one reactivated. It turns out it is not located in the natural area at all. Also there is no need to bushwack thru the natural area. You can follow the paved trail to within 120' of the cache, and then the dirt path to within 5' of the cache. No bushwacking required. Hope it is back up and running soon.

A good lesson for us all: Investigate thoroughly and don't act too hastily.

Geezer

Ltfightr Guest
    I hope it can be. It's a great cache! This was the first we found and we just took my parents to that park to hide ours and get them started in the hobby. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 4th!

Diana