Thread: Geocaching Podcasts

rock_hound Guest

Geocaching Podcasts

I recently got an Mp3 player and discovered podcasting. For those that don't know, podcasting is basically a way to automatically download content (sound or video) files to your computer. This is the coolest thing since radio was invented. In fact I have not listed to the radio since getting my Mp3 player. Take a look at this page if you want to know more about podcasting.

Here are a couple of geocaching podcasts that I listen to:
    Podcacher
    Cachecast (This one is my favorite)

You can also download these manually and listen on your computer. High speed internet is a must since the files are 10 - 30 mb.

Thanks for introducing me to podcasts!

Over the last couple of days, I've been catching up on the past episodes of PodCacher and CacheCast. I couldn't believe how many different subjects were covered! If you can think of it, chances are that there is a podcast about it.

Rock_hound, which PodCast software are you using? (I decided on Juice.)
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

rock_hound Guest
    I am using iPodder (now Juice - I guess Apple did not like the name). It is open source and therefore free (and free of adware). If you have iTunes you can use that. Yahoo also has a music engine that will work, which I may try. There are many, many others.

Some other pobcasts I listen to:

Daily Source Code
    Rock and Roll Geek Show
    The Roadhouse (Blues)
    Spaceship Radio
    Everest Podcast (Go back and start at the first episode)
    The Wildebeat

WHO NEEDS CORPORATE RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!