Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Trip......

motexoutlaw Guest
    Having moved from St. Louis to Houston area in 1997 and still having family in St. Louis, we make several road trips a year from Houston to St. Louis via Arkansas. I always check for ne caches close to the route to find. Helps breal up th londg drive. Did 3 in Arkansas on trip in October (2 in Little Rock and 1 in Lonoke). Found about 4-6 in Missouri along route plus about 10 in St. Louis area with son and daughter who are cacher. We have family in Benton and Wynne and always find a few a caches to find while visiting with them alont the way. Iam going to be in Benton and Wynne over the Thanksgiving holidays and have about 6 already picked out to do then. I am saving my 500th fid to do with my son who is joing us in Benton. Of my current 497 finds, 64 are in Arkansas. I have one virtual of my own in Little Rock "Little Rocks Last Stand" http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... e8a402014e

Anyone that may want to join us caching during that time let me know. Group caching is always fun.

I have a cache in Sugar Land, TX named after the infamous cacher "Deezer" in Benton.

"LH13-Deezer Did It First " http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 4e82d63866

Phantom_491 Guest
    If I'm by myself I usually try to incorprate caches within 5 miles or so of the route that I plan on taking. This past Spring I drove from LR area to Talledega, Al. I cacehde on my way down, and got to the hotel in Montgomery at 730PM. If I hadn't cached down, I could have slept in a couple hours then started my trip. (I still need to log these finds on the website)

I also have some caches that I stop by every time I pass them. Usually these are TB stops and such Where I swap bugs and see if I can help them on their way.

cachecrazies Guest
    When we have to go somewhere we ALWAYS check out the caches along the way! Makes the trip less tedious and a whole lot more interesting!

For instance, had to make a quick trip to Springfield on Tuesday, but checked out caches nearby that could be found quickly and hit 2 of them. Any caching makes the day a lot more bearable! LOL! Good excuse for stretching the legs and taking a break!

When making a longer trip, our route can be persuaded to change a bit according to caches nearby. We'll be going to Colorado this spring so you can bet that we'll have different routes planned for going & coming!

Of course, we have no little kids or pets to consider - just crazy people!

A wonderful example of planning a vacation with caching in mind came up just a couple of weeks ago with members "Hot Dogs Off Trail". They were going to the Grand Canyon and cached from Wisconsin to their destination (oh yeah, they hiked to the bottom and found the cache there for their 500th find!) and back on their way home again.

BACKPACKNJACK
    CacheMaster

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I even flew to another state to sit, over looking the edge of the Grand Canyon, to have lunch with the Hualapai Indians.
    Life is good I tell ya….life is fun.

[/quote]

They had a wonderful time Jack - I'm sure they would agree with you!

For us - no trip would be complete without a cache to find (barring emergencies of course!).

Horseshoe-cachers Guest
    As we travel between Arkansas and California as our job we like to take in a few caches when we can. The problem we have is our vechicle is 70 feet long and most caches don't have that much parking, we don't get to do as much as we would like. Here is a site that you will find caches that have large vechicle parking within a resonable walking distance. http://www.geotruckers.com/