Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for geocaching.com reviewers??

Black Knight Guest

Question for geocaching.com reviewers??

Nature Fish, Max Cacher, or any other reviewer from geocaching.com, a question for you?

Is anyone going to evaluate Clarksville,AR (72830) and archive and disable few or many caches that are in violation of the Guide Lines? How about the new ones 50+, for the next big get together,are they going to be approved by the Guide Lines? Are the people with 2,000+ above the guidelines and rules??

Here again, ALL I want is a response, I get one, I shut up about it. Oh wait let me back up, they doesn't mean a response from a groupie!!

DK

DK if clarksville cachers put up a new 50 they will take down atleast that many. Also if you have 50 between "THE BIG 3" thats only 16 each and if its only "THE BIG 2" hahahahahaha thats only 25 each ohhhhhhh thats hard to keep up with.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

mountainborn Guest

NEWBIE, GEEZE, I DUNNO'

I guess any time I placed a cache too close it was rejected untill I corrected my mistake.
    Isn't the program set up to do that ?
    If so, how can one that is placed too close get by ?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quietly, my inner voice says "Why are you getting involved in this ?"
    "You know you must have made mistales along the way, while learning. What if someone starts pointing them out , for the whole world to see, in this public forum?"

Black Knight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    DK if clarksville cachers put up a new 50 they will take down atleast that many. Also if you have 50 between "THE BIG 3" thats only 16 each and if its only "THE BIG 2" hahahahahaha thats only 25 each ohhhhhhh thats hard to keep up with.
    First of all, this thread was for REVIEWERS, last time I checked, you AREN'T one. Second you said earlier that you were going to Tulsa this weekend because it would be EASY to get 25 a day in Tulsa. From looking at your stats I don't see one for the day much less 25, which just goes to prove my point, no one is going to cache every weekend for a year, there is always something that comes up.

DK

Black Knight Guest

Re: NEWBIE, GEEZE, I DUNNO'

Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    I guess any time I placed a cache too close it was rejected untill I corrected my mistake.
    Isn't the program set up to do that ?
    I don't think the program is set up that way, though I could be wrong. I know I have seen caches in Clarksville that are less than .10 miles apart.

DK

OK check the thread and I said it was next weekend. Also check the threads and Naturefish said they would not check this site that much so if you have a question email them!!!!

<some non-relevant portions of this post have been removed by the moderator>
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Black Knight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    OK check the thread and I said it was next weekend. Also check the threads and Naturefish said they would not check this site that much so if you have a question email them!!!!
    ....it obviously proves my point that odds are no one is going to geocache EVERY weekend for 25 caches.........

It just goes to prove my point

DK

<some non-relevant portions of this post have been removed by the moderator>

I have edited two posts in this thread because there were portions that were derogatory in nature.

Arkansas_Stickerdude and Black Knight, the moderators here do not want to continue to have to edit your posts for you. You both need to clean it up.

Black Knight, it seems as though your questions are directed toward local reviewers. If so, this forum is not the most efficient way to get your question answered. Currently, NatureFish and Max Cacher are the two reviewers for all of Arkansas. Please utilize the "Private Message" or "Email" feature of the web site. I use both of these features all the time. They work great!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Valorian Guest
    NatureFish wasnt home this weekend he was attending an event and same with MaxCacher. So a private email would actually get to him a bit faster than posting here. They still do their approvers duties on the road but they wouldnt go to each states forums to check for questions

NatureFish Guest

Long

What is taking so long is that I read forums for pleasure, at my leisure, and do not conduct Reviewer business in them.

Since I was asked I will give some personal comments here, however.

I just spent 30 days in Biloxi as a disaster-relief volunteer, got home and carried on victim support via telephone, caught up on family and personal duties that had fallen behind (yes, there are things more important than geocaching!) and attended a few geocaching events and campouts, 6, I think, in the last three weeks.

While traveling and even in remote campgrounds I connect and conduct Reviewer business, but do not enter forums..

While I have been in and out of these forums for a few minutes at a time, I don't come every day - if someone has business with me it is well established how you should contact your Reviewer for immediate attention, and a forum post ain't one of them.

Further, I don't operate on your schedule and will answer personal communications and forum posts when and if I get the time or notion.

All that said, you will find the game played differently all over the place; ways and methods you may prefer and your likes and dislikes about the game don't much matter to anyone but yourself. These things allow you to decide how to play, period. They give you no right whatsoever to control anyone else.

I don't Review caches the same way as any other Reviewer. We're all held to the Guidelines, but beyond that we have quite a bit of discretion and flexibility.

I will not review a listing - either cache or event, with an eye towards what a previous Reviewer may or may not have done, and certainly not with any consideration for what some angry cacher in the area might think of it!

I apply the Guidelines and decide any gray areas for myself. If I am unsure how to handle a listing I have a group of Reviewers look at it and issue opinions.

I have no problem with numbers, I don't judge folks by them, don't care how they get them.

I do allow folks the opportunity to get them, however, so if at an event folks hide 50 pocket-caches and the folks that find them log the event 50 times, that's fine with me. If that's not your style of caching and you don't want to do that, don't! Nothing says you have to hunt them or log them.

Having found several thousand caches in 11 states I can say that there's more jealosy, angst and control-issues here than I have ever seen, and admit that has me curious.

Why is it so very important that folks play a game your way?

You play the game your way and quit worrying how anyone else plays!

As far as
    Is anyone going to evaluate Clarksville,AR (72830) and archive and disable few or many caches that are in violation of the Guide Lines? How about the new ones 50+, for the next big get together,are they going to be approved by the Guide Lines? Are the people with 2,000+ above the guidelines and rules??
    No, I am not going to review Clarksville or any other particular area, except with regards new listings. If you have a problem with a cache in that area the Should Be Archived function is your best bet.

50+ caches for the next get together is fine with me! I hope I can make it out there, and would love to find all 50. My current personal record is 143 in 24 hours, and I have been on the last two world-record runs, though not on the last winning team. You won't get much sympathy from me whining about high-numbers players - like you, they are free to play it as they like it.

No, the people with 2,000+ are no more above the guidelines and rules than a geocacher with his first one, and I have never met a high-numbers player that acted as if he / she were (the top cacher, by the way, is a woman that caches every day).

I seriously doubt that very many would cheat to get there. I am sure there are some, but I know most of the top 400 geocachers in the world and trust every one of them I know. As a matter of fact I believe that you will find the high-number players to be the most active in volunteering their time to host and attend events, travel and promote this great game.

Remember, this is just personal chat in the forums - email NatureFish@gmail.com or use any other approved method of communicating with me on Reviewer business.