Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Third Time is the Charm

nonnipoppy Guest

The Third Time is the Charm

Tentative plans for The Third Time Is The Charm, An Arkansas River Valley Geocaching Meet and Greet and Double Throw Down Whomp-De- Do are now being formulated.

Some new activities such as a GPSr accuracy contest are in the works.

Suggestions of other activities are welcome. We will consider each one. Email nonnipoppy through GC.com or poppy@(remove this)arkgeocaching.org

New timing should allow for better caching weather. We have lots of new active cachers in the area and they are placing lots of caches. As always Golfnutz and nonnipoppy will have some new tricks up our sleeves.

There will be lots of fun, eating, visiting, cache talking, and caching seeking to be had. Some old mainstay caches will be archived to make room for new more devious hides. If you have interest mark you calenders tentatively for April 22, 2006.

......poppy

cachecrazies Guest
    We'll mark that on our calendar for sure! Don't want to miss one now since we've been to the last two!

We've got a couple ideas that we've heard about or learned at other events and will send them as soon as we can round up the details on them (now, what file did I save them to, hmmm???).

Glad to see you're doing it again - you always do such a fantastic job on it and the caches there are such fun to look for!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Sorry I didn’t make the first one. (the cell phone monster caught me)
    Glad I did make the second one (It was a bang-up top-notch job)
    Hope I do make the third one (looking forward to meeting more cachers)

Third one

Hey Poppi,

With plenty of warning, you can bet I'll be there. The overnight stay with lots of Clarksville and surrounding caches will be in order. Count me in..
    Oh, LC, CO was absolutely beautiful mid-September. Thought of you guys.

Best regards, SJClimber

Black Knight Guest
    I hope you aren't planning on throwing another 50+ caches out for the event, from what I have seen most of the ones in Clarksville now are in need of maintenance in a BAD way........

DK

We will be there!!!

Nonnipoppy, I hope you guys place another 50 caches or more! Every single one of your caches that we have found have been superb. Well-planned, well-maintained, and most importantly, fun to seek. Every single one.

I, for one, am thankful that you have taken the time and effort to make geocaching in Arkansas more enjoyable for us. We have spent several fantastic weekends in Clarksville because of you guys. I also happen to know that this has all been done purely out of a love for geocaching. The two MAJOR events that you have held (and another planned) shows me that your main goal is to make geocaching in Arkansas better.

Don't let anything take the wind out of your sails. I can't wait to see everyone again and find a truckload of great caches!!!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Black Kight,

Please post a list of your caches. We travel the state quite a bit for soccer games and would love to hunt some yours.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!!!!
    Excellent timing, guys! Precisely the weekend after job 2 is kaput for the season! Count us IN!! Make the reservations at the bestie westie and katie bar the jeep cuz here we come!

OH yeah, poppy, I heard tell uv some folks kids being born plumb smack dab nekkid!

you know I'll be there and will help anyway possible just let be know.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Black Knight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Griswolds
    Black Kight,

Please post a list of your caches. We travel the state quite a bit for soccer games and would love to hunt some yours.
    Tsk.....Tsk.....

One thing about it. I keep my caches maintained. I may not log everytime I go to check on them, but they are better maintained than most that have been out for awhile. I guess that is the best thing about not putting caches too far away from home.