Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Third Time is the Charm

nonnipoppy Guest
    As of Monday evening there are 115 adults and 33 children that are supposed to be in attendance. If your name is not on the list it is not to late to make plans. Come one-come all to the longest running, largest cache event in Arkansas.The Third Time Is The Charm

Be there or be square....poppy

NatureFish Guest

Attending

Woohoo! Due to a sudden and unpredictable confluence of the sun, moon, and stars causing a gravitational shift, thereby stretching the time-space continuum, swallowing prior commitments into a black hole, or allowing me to operate in multiple dimensions, your choice, I will be at this event.

See y'all Friday!
    Ed

Naturefish I hope this trip is better than the last one to Arkansas. Hopefully it won't rain while your here.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

NatureFish Guest

Better

It'll have to go some to beat the last one! Nevertheless I am leaving here in an hour or so and we'll see if y'all can do it!
    Ed

jpenn01 Guest
    We just want to thank you all for your hard work and hospitality this weekend. We had a blast before during and after the event. We met so many cachers it is hard to keep up without name tags!

Not counting the special event caches, we found around 60 caches this weekend and they were all beautifully maintained. We did not find a single micro that some would classify as "lame".

I hope you do this again next year because we will make the effort to show up again! Although if it gets any bigger you'll have move it outdoors!

Thank you again for everything!

Jeff and Stacy
    The cachers now know as CCATBQFM

Team_Pink Guest
    We didn't do as well. The grownups wanted to play but the little ones didn't! We had a good time even with the throwup incident. Mya wasn't sick, she just ate too much junk food and it didn't settle well. After she got rid of it she was running around and having a grand ole time.

This event was the first time I had tried to find a pocket cache. It was fun but I don't know how to log it. How is that done, or is it?

nonnipoppy Guest
    Ah Tech Guy thou didst not read thy passout sheet.

The poker run caches, pocket caches, kids cache and chocolate cache are all loggable here.

Thanks for showing up........poppy

Team_Pink Guest
    did too! Just not that part!

got it now. It was definitely our pleasure, poppy! I wish we could have been at the steak house. Two little ones decided our plans did not include steak! That's ok, they will sleep eventually! MAWAHAHA!

NatureFish Guest

Event

Just a note of thank you to all who participated, planned and attended, I will write more when I log the event.

You folks continue to impress!

Arkansas geocachers are lucky to count so many generous and caring people among you.

I don't know the head-count at this event, looked to be 200+, but I tried to meet everyone I could and talk not just about geocaching but about the state-wide geocaching experience.

I was gratified, thrilled, in fact, to come away from that experience able to report that I have yet to hear a negative word from anyone! Getting that many people to agree on anything is like herding cats, yet Arkansans seem to speak with one voice about their experience and enjoyment of the game and obvious sense of unity, community and fellowship!

Good work all!

Thank you, I am very proud to serve you all.
    Ed

OKC_Nightcrawler Guest
    Hey all!

Just wanted to say thanks for having the Oklahoma Hardcore Cachers! We had a blast! I have to agree with Captain Crash's statement about not finding any lame micros! We did about 65 caches while in town. All of them seemed to be very well planned, placed and maintained! They were a pleasure to find, even though Darkmoon claims he and his silly Garmin found most of them! Many of us here in OKC could stand to learn a lot from your caching community. I know I did! Thank you not just for having us, opening your community to us, and welcoming us like we were old friends, but for a lesson learned on how a caching community can willingly work together to improve the sport.

Ron
    OKC Nightcrawler