Thread: Can't Wait to Try This

Pam Guest

Can't Wait to Try This

Well, my Etrex Legend arrived, now how do I use it? thought we would give it a try this eve. Where would you suggest ? Thanks, Pam

cachecrazies Guest
    Welcome to the group Pam - and to geocaching! You'll have a great time with it!

We logged on a little too late to help you out tonight - but don't hesitate to contact us since we're right in the same area! There's lots of good caches to start out on around here. A few of ours are right in town and fairly easy to start with. Mark Rocks and the Corps caches would be good ones to start with. Baxter County Tears is a great one as is Amons Lake. All the ones by harleyhogs are great caches. Pigeon Creek and Robinson Point are great for long hikes. Depends on what you're in the mood for. Several caches in Lakeview & Bull Shoals are good for beginning also.

Again - don't hesitate to contact us! More than willing to help out any way we can!

Bob and Linda

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: Can't Wait to Try This

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Where would you suggest ?
    First thing "Pam"...Welcome to the ArkGeo site.

Second thing...I think the best place to start is more or less in your back yard by printing out a local cache page and just watching the numbers on the GPS instead of loading them in. More fun on your first few hunts and less headache. Some cachers don't load their GPSs at all.

Third thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    don't hesitate to contact us! More than willing to help out any way we can
    If you except this offer you will be in excellent company to learn the GPS and how to hunt or hide caches.

Welcome to ArkGeo, Pam! I hope you will have as much fun with geocaching as we have. Please let us know everything about how your first hunt went. Those first times are some of the best stories I've heard...

I'll second what BPnJ said about cachecrazies. They are wonderful people and are anxious to help in any way they can!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Welcome Pam I think that cachecrazies is probaly the closest to you and I'll bet they would be will to help anyway they can. If you need anything else there is alot of information here on the site.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

thenaturenurd Guest

Welcome Pam

Pam,

I have an Etrex Legend I use frequently at work. Id be glad to give you any help or pointers I know of.

Craig

ps - Welcome to ARKGeo!

Pam Guest
    Thanks everyone for your welcome!! I can feel the support already, that's great.
    Well, my first hunt was a success!! It took a while because it the midst of it my cell rang and great news I became a Great Aunt! It's a boy and everyone is doing great, but this is my sister's first grandbaby so we had to talk for awhile. Back to the cache, Where is Rapp? I had no problem the Legend had me standing right next to it, it just took me a little while to recognize where to look, plus the neighbor to the location was talking my ear off, a real muggle, who's main concern is for the upkeep of the area. the cache is fine and I signed the log and TNLN.
    Later that eve, my husband and I set out to find the Wildflower Cache, this one had us going in circles for a while but "Look Here!!!" was finally almost shouted. What fun! We were going to try for another in the area but darkness was almost upon us, so we marked a waypoint and will try it another time. Thanks to all again. I think I'm hooked!! Pam

Pam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    Welcome to the group Pam - and to geocaching! You'll have a great time with it!

We logged on a little too late to help you out tonight - but don't hesitate to contact us since we're right in the same area! There's lots of good caches to start out on around here. A few of ours are right in town and fairly easy to start with. Mark Rocks and the Corps caches would be good ones to start with. Baxter County Tears is a great one as is Amons Lake. All the ones by harleyhogs are great caches. Pigeon Creek and Robinson Point are great for long hikes. Depends on what you're in the mood for. Several caches in Lakeview & Bull Shoals are good for beginning also.

Again - don't hesitate to contact us! More than willing to help out any way we can!

Bob and Linda
    I think we could be related?? Did you recently speak to the local Audubon group? If so, my mother's maiden name is the same as yours. I've heard talk about the 6 degrees of separation, this could be it. But even if not, I would love to meet and talk.