Thread: Johnson County's Finest

Phantom_491 Guest

Johnson County's Finest

I was visiting some friends over this past weekend in Hartman, and introduced them to Geocaching. We hit 3 of them along highway 164.

Read this log to hear the details of one of our finds.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... 2e0fec6a77

I didn't have any other encounters that day, but this one was interesting enough!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    That is one of the reasons I print up all the cache pages along with pictures of my cache boxes and their contents for the local Police Chief. Park Rangers , County Sheriffs, Park Managers, etc.
    I’ve been told that some of Redfields finest have pulled in behind cachers at “Dollarway Road” but they know what is going on (there is a big folder right there on the Chief’s desk) and are just curious and maybe having a little fun.
    I imagine that was a little nerve racking but I’m glad to hear of them (Johnson County's finest) keeping tabs on the cemeteries.
    Good story, thanks.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hey Phantom I read about your encounter when you posted the log. I regret that you had an unpleasant encounter in Johnson County.

The main question that I have is " Do you feel that the deputy did something wrong or that you were wronged in some way?"

Phantom just looks like he should not be there! hahahahahaha!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

thenaturenurd Guest

dang cops

Well as a cop...if I wasnt sure what was going on I would have prob stopped and checked you out too.

Phantom_491 Guest
    I wouldn't call it a bad encounter & I don't think that he did anything wrong. He saw a vehicle pulled over near an old graveyard, but noone was walking around the graveyard, which looked kinda suspicious.

He was courteous, and didn't really hassle me other than asking what I was doing. I guess he thought I was using the woods as a "Rest Area".

I just posted it as a friendly remind sometimes our vehicles might look suspicous to Law Enforcement. Luckily I had the cache page printout and was able to explain my presence in the area enough to satisfy him. Of course, I could have taken him to the cache (Which had been found by the time I made it back over there) if he had asked.

Phantom_491 Guest
    On a side note: My friends said that this graveyard is rumoured to be haunted at night. Has anyone else heard of any of these tales?

Also on a Historical Note: There's a Confederate Soldier buried in this graveyard near the back kinda in the center.

nonnipoppy Guest
    F.Y.I Also possibly affecting this was the fact that there is a woman missing from the Coal Hill-Hartman area and the S.O. is turning over every rock so an out of county vehicle invites curiosity.

Had things progressed very far the sherriff is very aware of geocaching and would probably have called to ask if there was really a cache at that cemetary, but the deputy's job is to check things out. So I guess we are relieved they are doing their job.......poppy

nonnipoppy Guest
    I had a brief discussion about this today with the sherriff. He said there had been a rash of vandalism ai that cemetary and they were just being observant........poppy